The Letter

Heyyy guys here is my second upload...

-------------------------

I can see the lights are still off as I walk to the front door. I open the door as quietly as I can and shake the sand of my feet.

"Where the hell have you been?" Greg came walking out of the kitchen with a look of pure hatred on his face.

"I-I-I-I umm I went for a walk"

"Where did you go?" He demanded with his hand gripping the table.

"T-t-t-t-to the beach" I know I can't lie to him so it's not even worth trying.

"And why did you go? Did anyone see you?" He sounds genuinely worried; too bad it's for the wrong reasons.

"Because I couldn't sleep," By the look on his face I knew that my answer wasn't good enough for him.

"Did anyone see you?" The worry in his voice was threatening and is scaring the crap out of me. Looking down at the floor, I replied,

"I'm tired, I'm gonna go lie down." I began making my way up the stairs but his hand was gripping my arm. I looked down at the ground,

"No one saw me Greg, I swear."

"Ok well I forbid you to go outside at night alone, do you hear me?" It's not really a question but more a statement. Wiggling my way out of his grasp I made my way up the stairs to my room.

After lying in bed for hours I realised that I won't be able to sleep. I just can't stop thinking about the boy that I saw at the beach. As soon as his eyes had reached mine, volts of electricity raced through my veins and I never wanted it to end. But then he ran away and for some stupid reason, I still can't get him out of my head. Screw it, there's no chance of me being able to sleep any time soon. I made my way to the kitchen and heard a knock on the door. Greg must have forgotten something before he left for work. We don't usually get people that come knocking on our door so I don't really know if I should answer it or not. The knocking continues so I walk to the wooden door and swing it open.

"Letter for Greg" Smiling I took the letter from the post-man and closed the door. I guess I may as well open it, Greg won't even know it was sent or he would have told me.

Greg,

We require your attendance at the Corporal Police station. After many investigations, fingerprints that match yours have been found at the crime scene. They were found many years ago but we failed to track you down until now. Even though it is 17 years on from the murder of Sally and Clive Allen we still wish to ask you a few questions regarding your relationship with the Allen's next Monday, if that is possible. If necessary, we will also need to interrogate your household for any signs of assault. Many regards,

Detective Martin of the Corporal Police Station

The piece of paper felt limp in my hands. My birth certificate was the only thing I had left that Greg didn't know about. I rushed to my room and found it at the bottom of my drawer.

Name: Renee Allen

DOB: 14-07-1985

Parents: Sally Allen

Clive Allen

Born Weight: 3.2kg

Allen. My last name was Allen. The police wanted to question Greg because they thought he had killed my parents. He wouldn't kill my parents? Would he? What kind of a man kills a girls parents then takes their daughter and becomes her legal guardian? Someone's knocking on the door again. Greg must have finished his shift early. My fingers fumbled with the envelope and now after an eternity it finally looks untouched. Placing it on the counter I opened the door for Greg.

"There's, mail for you on the counter" He looked as shocked as I had been but walked over and opened it anyway. His faced looks worried and uncertain but also guilty. Looking up at me then back down again he kept reading.

"I have to go out now but I'll be back soon" Today's Monday. He was actually going to go. He was worried. Maybe he did it. Oh god, Greg killed my parents.

Greg's POV

"Good afternoon Greg, thank you for coming out on such short notice."

"Not a problem detective" My voice is horse and he knows it but hopefully I don't sound guilty.

"We just have a few questions to ask you and then you can be on your way"

"Fire away" Actually don't, please just let me go home and leave me alone. I want to scream at him but I know that wouldn't make my current situation any better. Although, it did give me a chance to try out my 17 year old plan.

"Did you have any contact with the Allen's the night they were murdered?"

I seriously pray that Richard had done a good job hacking into my record and deleting everything.

"No sir, I went earlier that day to collect a computer that Clive was fixing for me but nothing else"

"What else can you tell us about the Allen family, anything at all?"

"Well," this is going to be the fun part "They have one daughter, here name is Renee. I felt dreadfully sorry for her so I offered to adopt her. 17 years on I am still her legal guardian and love her like my own daughter." What a load of crap, I didn't adopt her out of sadness. I adopted her to make it look like I didn't murder her mother and father. What if Renee already knows that I killed Sally? If it had been delivered before 12 than she would have been home.

"Now I have a question for you, sir." Its hard to stay calm but I'm going to have to make it look like I don't care.

"Out of curiosity, when did your postman deliver the letter?"

"It would have been around 11:00"

Crap.