First Game, Last Game

Warmups in the cold gym at West High went by rather quickly. We took the court, I was starting but so was Evelyn who was our setter. I looked at the other team, they were some of the meanest girls in the division but then again we had Evelyn.

I got into my position in front of the net where one girl with a long blonde braid gave me a bitchy stare across from me. 

~Blonde Player~ "I wonder what its like to go to a shit hole for a school." She sneered.

"I mean you tell me, you're the one that goes to West." I tilted my head to the side.

~Blonde Player~ "Ah thats funny but I think you have your information mixed up." She walked closer to the net. 

"Really? How about you educate me then." I crossed my arms.

~Blonde Player~ "Gladly" She smirked.

I could feel butterflies in my stomach for a quick second but they were interrupted by someone pulling at my arm. 

~Evelyn~ "Hey can you stop flirting with the other dykes and pay attention." I spun around to see frustration in her eyes. 

"Wow don't be too jealous now." I rolled my eyes and sarcastically answered. 

~Evelyn~ "Do not try me right now Jones." She huffed and returned to her position.

~Blonde Player~ "Well your girlfriend seems nice." She giggled.

"Yeah right" I sighed and got into my stance.

We started out behind but quickly picked up the pace, we dominated each set until the last one came up. I was hitting pretty well until I dove for a hit that was going wide. I felt my knee collide into the net pole. Hard.

My knee felt as though it had been set on fire then run over by a semi. 

I could hear everyone exclaim in my distress. I groaned in pain as I tried and failed to get to my feet. My teammates rushed over to me and helped me up. For some reason Evelyn was one of them.

~Alyssa~ "Hey Han are you okay?" She asked with great concern.

"yes I'm fine, okay?" I irritatingly answered. 

~Evelyn~ "No the hell you're not." She persisted.

"No I feel perfect, I can play." I pressed.

~Evelyn~ "Oh okay great, then walk on your own." She raised her eyebrow at me and gestured her hands at the court.

"Alright." I hesitated and stepped forward, inevitably losing my balance and practically collapsing. Before I could hit the hard gym floor I was caught by Evelyn who gently but quickly sat me down. 

We made eye contact with each other for a few seconds but before we could say anything, mean or not, our coach came running over. 

~Coach~ "You okay Hannah? Where does it hurt?" She kneeled beside me.

"Its my knee. I can't put pressure on it." I tried to stay calm but my voice came off whiney.

~Coach~ "Its okay, its okay. Can we get a doctor over here!" She shouted for assistance.

Soon I was surrounded by athletic trainers and concerned parents. Evelyn hovered around me before I was carried off the court and into an ambulance. 

Everything after that was a whole lot of pain, the drive there was surrounded by excruciating pain. 

Turns out I had dislocated my knee. I had to have it popped into place which consisted of a new level of pain that I have never felt before. Hopefully it will heal in a few weeks.