Midnight Sun

As we were driving out of Forks Washington I noticed immeadiately as we turned off the road onto the hidden path that led to my grandparents house. I wondered what we were doing. My father told me just seconds after my curiosity hit me that we were informing them on our newest member.

Since grandma Esme and grandpa Carlisle were the momma and daddy of the entire coven they were told of everything. Normally though decisions to bring in new members were cleared through the entire family as a whole but this one wasn't.

When we stopped outside their house they were waiting for us.

My mother turned around to look at me. "You and your sister stay in the car." She said to us before she glanced once at Jacob and then opened the door to get out.

I watched as father did the same. My parents entwined their hands and then walked over to grandma and grandpa before they fell into a conversation.

Turning my head I looked at Jacob who was watching me and smiled. It had been a long time since I've really gotten to spend any time with him and I missed that. I nuzzled my head against his warm chest, tilting my head up just enough to make eye contact with him. I grinned and then bit him.

He jumped slightly before chuckling. "Really Ness, the biting thing?" He smiled before wrapping his arms around me in a gentle, toasty, hug.

I nodded my head  and then placed my hand to his cheek.

Old habits die hard," I thought to him as I showed him the memories of the numerous times I bit him as I was growing up.

Jacob laughed before he tapped my nose. "Yes they do indeed, which is why I challenge you to a hunt when we get back home." He smirked. I narrowed my eyes immeadiately before I stuck out my tongue at him. "Whats wrong Ness, afraid I'm going to win?" He proceeded to ask me.

I quickly shook my head. Of course I wasn't afraid of losing I just liked to have fun and spend time with Jake. I did like to win though and hated turning down challenges thanks to a competitive sense of nature. It was just that I wanted human blood, atleast some o-negative.

It took me a while to catch on as I was growing up but apparently Jake and my parents arranged the hunting challenge as a way to get me to sway towards the 'vegetarian' diet that my family lived on. I would never hurt a human to get blood but I hated the taste of the animals.

I reached my hand back up to his cheek and rested it there.

"I want O-negative." I thought to him as I showed him the bags of blood that grandpa Carlisle used to bring to me here and there as I was just weeks old.

Jacob took my hand and placed it on my lap. "I'm not too sure thats a good idea Ness. You know your parents would prefer you to drink animal blood."

Turning my facial expression into a pout I crossed my arms and huffed before I looked down at my feet. Every few seconds I would peer at Jacob from my periphial vision to see if his expression had any change to show him favoring in my direction but it didn't. He was firm on his words which I didn't like.

"Oh come on Ness don't be angry." Jacob said to me before he wrapped his arm around me and pulled me into a hug.

I squirmed, batting his arms away and then resumed my pout.

The door opened and from my periphial vision I could see my father standing there. He reached his arm over Jacob and placed one single finger on my chin before he turned my head in his direction. I avoided his gaze purposely.

"Renesmee Carlie Cullen look at me." He said in a gentle voice.

I flicked my doey brown eyed gaze upwards to meet my fathers golden eyes. "Yes daddy." I said in a tiny voice.