New Friends

New friends

After they had left my mind was set on the horse that Aurora had left in our yard. This was the first time I had ever seen a horse in real life. I was captive by my ever growing curiosity.

"Renesmee." My father said to me.

I turned around and looked him in the eye. "Yes daddy?" I said sweetly.

He took two steps to my side. "If you want to pet the horse be careful they can bite." He said to me.

Of course for some reason I my fathers mind reading gift slipped my mind. You would think I would know better by now. Then again there were never any secrets in the house. Atleast with gifted vampires.

"Okay." I responded as I opened the front door and began my trek across the crisp lawn.

As I neared closer to the horse I slowed my pace, taking a few seconds between each of my steps. Finally I was just mere inches away from the oversized creature before me.

"It's okay it won't hurt you." I heard my mother say as she took my hand and placed it on the mane of the horse.

I tensed up immediately and tried to pull my hand away. After a few seconds I was able to feel secure beside this massive creature.

The horse turned its head and its long tongue peered out of its mouth and licked my hand. I sighed as my hand grew wet. Turning my head I looked up at my mother who was grinning.

"It feels weird." I laughed. "He keeps licking my hand."

Then my father was at our side. He took my hand and placed a white cube into my palm.

"She is licking you because you taste sweet. Feed her sugar cubes." He said before moving my hand back to the horses mouth.

I tensed up again as the horse began sniffing my hand. Several times its lips pulled back to reveal large teeth. Then it's tongue made another appearance, licking at my palm to get the sugar cube. When its tongue disappeared back into its mouth so did the sugar.

"Did you see that!" I exclaimed as I looked back and forth between my mother and father. "Can I have some more please?" I asked, jumping up and down in place.

My father pulled a small bag from his pocket and handed it to me. There had to at least be 30cubes in this bag.

"Only four more for now." My mother said to me.

I nodded my head before reaching into the bag and retrieving exactly four sugar cubes. One by one I placed them into my palm and fed them to the horse.

Then I heard them. The sound of unusual footsteps and they were headed my way from the direction of the trees. Before I could look up I found myself being pushed behind my father. My mother moved to stand beside him as a second shield. What was going on?

I grabbed my mothers hand and carefully peered around her strong form. Thirty yards from us stood two vampires, both females.

Both were dressed in scary leather clothes. I noticed quickly that the buttons were actually small bones. To what they came from I couldn't tell you but they seemed dangerous.

"What are you here for?" My father asked.

I don't understand why he would need to even ask that question since he was a mind reader. Maybe it didn't work on them.

"Guardian sent us. I am Venus and this is Jupiter." She said introducing both her and her female acquaintance.

I could be mistaken but I was pretty sure Jupiter was a boys name.

"Nice to meet you." My father added. "Have you been briefed on the situation at large?"

They both nodded. "We can be of help." Venus said.

Venus took a step forward. Her hair fell around her shoulders in red waves. Her eyes were framed with red makeup and even her lips matched. She was small though, just under five feet would be my guess.

"What gift can you contribute?" My mother asked. "If we are to win against the Volturi we need to be powerful."

Venus smirked, bringing up the corner of her mouth in a half smile. Her teeth stunned me as they were all sharpened into points that reminded me of a monster.

Without a word she spun around before thrusting her arms out towards the sky. Instantaneously the sky above us grew darker then night. Lightening began to flash and then the wind picked up. Just on cue a funnel cloud dropped from the sky and began in the direction of my father, mother and I. Before it could get too close it dissipated.

"That was unbelievable." My father said. He then have his attention to Jupiter. "Show us what you got." He said simply.

Jupiter closed her eyes. She rose her arms parallel to the sky and clenched her hands. Suddenly the ground began violently shaking. It quickly stopped though which was nice: I knew what earth quakes could do and I didn't want my families home to be ruined.

My father nodded his head, approvingly. This meant we had two vampires gathered so far.

I frowned slightly as I thought about how gifted they were. I wished that I was capable of something cool like that. All I could do was read minds and show people my thoughts.

My father looked at me silently and I knew without him saying it that I was special. I smiled feebly to him and then turned my gaze to the ground.

I fell into wonder about who else would be making an appearance. I already expected those that stood along side us last time to show. But what new faces would join our cause. What new gifts would I get to witness and most of all would our group as a whole be enough to get rid of the Volturi once and for all.

"Venus, look they weren't lying." Jupiter said as her eyes fell upon me. "Human and vampire."

Venus moved closer to get a better view of me. After a few moments of staring she looked up at my parents. "Are you the biological parents?" She asked.

My mother brought me into her arms and my father pulled us close to his side.

"Yes. Renesmee is our biological daughter." My mother said.

"Conceived carried and birthed by my beautiful wife Bella." My father said proudly.

I smiled along with my parents and kissed my mothers cheek.

"My name is Renesmee Carlie Cullen." I said to our new friends.

Then we were joined by my aunt Rosalie and uncle Emmett who had my cousins at their side.

I noticed that they had grown three inches from yesterday when I had seen them. They looked slightly older then me now.

I wriggled down from my mothers arms and joined my cousins.

"Penelope!" I said happily as I wrapped my arms around her and gave her a hug.

"Hello Renesmee." She responded.

Matthew hugged my next. "Hi." He said quietly.

Matthew was shy or maybe just quiet. He reminded me of uncle Emmett except when he was excited then he was the loudest in the room.

I watched as my aunt and uncle began introducing themselves to Venus and Jupiter. Emmett quickly took a liking to Jupiter beside he liked her gift. Rosalie on the other hand liked Venus but only because of her name.

At the top of the hour we turned into the house and began winding down for the night. Tomorrow was another day of school for me. I wondered if Wyatt would be there.