Truths and Inappropriate Jokes

Chapter 13

Truths and Inappropriate Jokes

It's been a few days since I found out that Logan was my mate now. I didn't want to take things too far before Sean got bad. I already felt like a no good cheater and maybe, that's because in some way, I was one. Being caugh in the middle, caught between two guys may seem like a good things at first but being in the position of choosing between two great guys, knowing you'll drastically hurt the other was a tough and heavy load to bare. In a way, I'd already made my decision about choosing Logan but it didn't make my situation with Sean any easier and not to mention the fact that I was still in love with him, only my new found love for Logan was slowly over-shadowing it. 

Since I haven't been hanging out with Logan, I still had a lot to learn about him. Everyone says what a great guy he is but all of them mention how aggressive and unresponsive he gets sometimes. I had yet to experience this, somewhat dark side of him and I wasn't looking forward to it. I didn't know how strong it was or how scary it could get and I only hoped that I'd made the right decision by choosing him over Sean, even though I didn't really have a choice. Fate always had a way of messing things up for me. I may seem negative and pessimistic but I'm not, I'm just realistic. Losing my dad, the person I'd always run to, the person who'd always be there, my best friend, I was never really the same. When I lost him, it crushed me and I knew that I couldn't go through losing someone ever again because next time, I might not be able to pick up all the messed up and shattered pieces.

I spent all week planning on how I was going to tell Sean, made lists on what I was going to say but somehow, nothing felt right. I found that the clearest and easiest thing to do was to just tell him, straight and plain without beating around the bush. I could only hope and pray that he'd understand.

"That Sean guy is coming today right?" Logan asked as I prepared my bag, ready to go and meet Sean at the airport. He'd only just 'conveniently' arrived at my house, though I was sure he knew when Sean was coming back and I knew that he was here to make sure I get rid of him.

"Yes, Logan. I'm going to meet him in a few hours at the airport, we've been over this,"

"Yeah...Do you want me to come with you?"

"Why would I want that? It'll only make things worse,"

"No, it won't. Atleast he'll know who your rightful mate is and he might understand a bit more."

"Who am I kidding? I'd be pissed if he came back with a mate! I'm not good at this sort of thing, so I'm just going to say it out quick, like taking off a sticky bandage," He chuckled as he saw how shaken and worried I was.

"I'm coming," He said, his deep, authorative voice reaching my ears. 

"Fine then," I said, grabbing my bag and walking to my car outside. He shut the door behind him and hopped into the passenger's seat.

"You really need to come live with me," He said, resting his elbow on the car door.

"I really need to live in my house,"

"But it's so small!" He whined, bringing his finger and thumb close to further emphasize his point.

"It's fine and I live alone, I don't need that much space!" I replied, starting the car and driving to the airport. He shrugged.

"You'll be living with me eventually anyway," I shook my head and rolled my eyes. After a few minutes, the silence in the damned car was too loud for my ears.

"Wanna play twenty questions?" I asked, keeping my eyes peeled on the road.

"Sure, you go first," he replied, resting his head while looking at me intently.

"Okay, what was your first job?"

"Never really had a job. I've been a pack leader ever since I can remember. What about you family?"

"Not much to tell either. I didn't have the amazing family I always wanted but I had enough. I was never really close to my mother, she spent most of her days at work or with my sister out shopping and what not. My dad was my best friend though. I learnt many things from him and spent the best moments in my life with him. After he passed away, I just couldn't be there anymore. I just...needed to get away,"

"I'm sorry," he said, gazing deeply into my eyes. I felt butterflies erupt in my stomach as he did that.

"Not your fault," I replied with a weak smile, trying to lighten the mood."You have any life changing moments?"

"Yeah, the day I first transformed into a werewolf was one for sure. Everyone was proud, even my dad and that's saying something. I was one of the few pureblooded werewolfs in the area, making me one of the strongest too. Going form human to Alpha was definately a life changing moment for me," he went on," What the stupidest thing you've ever done?" he asked, smiling at me. He looked like the felt so proud of himself to have some up with that question.

"After my dad was gone, I did some pretty stupid stuff. Pranks and silly jokes with my friends back home really took my mind off of things. This one time, I called one of those 'psychic' ladies, telling her that I thought my house was haunted and I was being possessed by demons," 

"Then what happened?" he asked, laughing loudly and getting interested in what I was saying.

"Well, she told me to call her again if anything strange happened, so a few days later, I called her telling her that I was so scared, I was going to opt out. She ended up tracing my number, finding out who I was, calling the school and telling them I was suicidal."

"Oh my god!" He laughed.

"Yeah-yeah ha, ha, very funny," I replied sarcastically. " What's the wierdest thing about you?"

"I....I like watching romance movies," he replied, looking out of the window, avoiding my gaze.

"What?!" I laughed loudly. He looked hurt as he kept turning away but I just couldn't help myself. "I'm sorry it's just, you're a big, tough guy! The image of you crying over Rachel Mc Adams leaving Channing Tatum is just so hilarious." I thought it was cute though. Who knew that under that manly facade, Logan was all soft and mushy?

"Have you ever been arrested?" he asked quickly, changing the subject.

"You know that story I just said about the psychic lady? ...Yeah...When she found out it was a prank she pressed charges against me," 

The rest of the ride was filled with laughter and inappropriate jokes and I was starting to warm up to Logan even more. Maybe fate wasn't so cruel after all.