Running Away From Problems

Chapter 10

 Running Away From Problems

Mate? I never really was any good at thinking on my feet or making any quick decisions for that matter. So I did the possibly worst thing anyone could have done in that situation...I ran. I bumped into people and customers as I ran away from my problems, problems I couldn't really face just yet. I was confused and I needed some answers. I only hoped that someone could actually give me the answers though, my situation wasn't exactly common. Thought this was completely true, I couldn't help but feel ecstatic. I had finally found my mate and now I knew what it actually felt like. To see someone look at you with such dedication was invigorating but thinking of this made my mind instantly switch over to Sean. He looked at me that way too, didn't he? So many thoughts invaded my mind in seconds as if they were some plague as I walked, walked to the only person who could have some answers, the person who knows Soap Operas and Drama novels at the tip of her little, nail polished fingertips...Elle Jones.

I knocked hard on the door, my heart still hadn't returned to it's usual beat. I wasn't sure if it was because I ran here or because I had presumably just found the person I was destined to share my life with. I heard her footstep coming closer and a sudden realization came across my mind. Elle had no idea about werewolves or mates or packs or anything to do with the situation to be honest. Before I could turn away, the door had already opened and the ever so red headed Elle was standing there with the biggest smile on her face before it quickly turned to a frown. I'll just choose my words more wisely and try to avoid some details. I was already there, wasn't I?

"You were going to ditch me?" She asked, referring to the fact that I'd turned away.

"No, no. Of course not...uh...I have a problem," I told her, trying to change the subject as quickly as possible.

"What kinda problem?" She asked slowly, looking at me closely.

"A boy problem,"

"Ahh! Why didn't you say that first?! Come in and tell me everything, to the last dirty detail," She yelled, suddenly getting excited as she pulled my arm and hurled me into her poster-covered room. She was pretty strong for a human, come to think about it.

*Maybe not all the dirty details* I thought as I sat on her desk chair.

"OMG! Did you and Sean do it or something?" She asked, all excitedly.

"Oh my god, Elle. No, we didn't," I replied, staring at her in disbelief.

"Jeez, okay. Relax, Ash. It's not like it's a big deal or anything," She said rolling her eyes.

"It would be a big deal! But anyways, matters aside. While I was working I saw this guy..."

"Ahh! Was he hot? Pfft, of course he was hot since you came over! So, you want my opinion. Who should you date, Sean or the mystery guy?" She guessed, winking when she said "mystery guy". Elle was always the one for the new and exciting romance.

"Well, I just want to know your opinion. I'm not dumping Sean or anything. I'm simply just curious as to what you would do." I told her. She raised her eyebrows.

"Right...but I'll contribute anyways! Tell me everything about this new guy, name but more importantly appearance. Though I doubt he could be any cuter than Sean,"

"I don't know his name, I just saw him. We didn't even talk or anything." She rolled her eyes and face palmed. 

"How about this, go back there, get to know the guy and come back with more answers to my questions. A picture or something would be awesome!"

"Yeah, it was stupid of me to come here now," I agreed, seeing her suggestion as an opportunity to get out of telling Elle everything. Now I could head over to Cassie. I should be more careful next time.

"By the way how am I supposed to take a picture of him? Just put my phone infront of his face randomly? 

"I don't know! Hide behind a plant...or behind Eric! Dude's pretty tall," I chuckled but stopped soon after. I suddenly felt guilty about keeping things from Elle. She was one of my best friends and knowing Sam, he'd just avoid the 'Werewolf' conversation at all costs.

"Elle..." She looked up at me and smiled.

"Yeah?" 

"Sam needs to tell you something important, okay? If he says it, please take him seriously and think about it,"

"Is it something serious? Is something wrong?"

"No, no, it'

s just he needs to tell you soon. So, if he starts saying something and chickens out, keep encouraging him to let it out," She looked at me in confusion but nodded none-the-less. I knew Cassie wouldn't be home, so I went over to the library. Her parents worked all morning and she didn't like being alone and since I had started working, I couldn't keep her company any more. I told her she could hang out at the bar but Cass never was one for loud places. Walking over to the history section, I saw her flipping though a massive book about Henry VIII's rule no doubt.

"Hey Cass,"

"Oh hey, Ash. How come you left work early?" She asked, setting the book aside.

"I wasn'tsupposed to but I've been working so hard these last few days I'm sure David won't mind. Plus Eric said he'd cover my shift," I answered, sitting down beside her.

"Eric sounds pretty cool," she smiled.

"He is,"

"Well, what can I do ya for?"

"I have a problem," I said, she nodded towards me so I'd go on. "I think I found my mate,"

"Wow, Ash! That doesn't sound like a problem to me! Congratulations!"

"Thanks but...I'm so confused right now, Cass. I'm in love with Sean,"

"Oh. Who is the other guy anyway?"

"I don't know I ran away before I could ask," I chuckled but she just sat there, shocked to say the least.

"You ran?! You should never leave!"

"What? Why? I mean, it was lame but..."

"You don't understand, Ash! The poor guy probably thinks you rejected him!"

"Oh crap..."

"Yeah! You should find him. What does he look like?"

"Early twenties I think. Bluish grey eyes, dark brown, cropped hair, pretty tall, well-built..."

"Wait...he was in the bar, right?" She said, suddenly getting even more interested.

"Yeah, drinking like crazy," Her eyes shone with realization.

"Was he wearing a blue T-shirt?" I just stared blankly.

"I don't know! I was too confused to give a shit! I think so,"

"Oh my god, Alpha Logan is your mate!" Brilliant, now I was both confused and shocked. Not only did I have to chose between Sean and presumably Alpha Logan but I also had to face the fact that I was supposed to become a Luna, a role with way too many responsibilities from me and there was a drunk Alpha, the strongest wolf in a pack feeling rejected because I didn't know any better. As I said before, I never was good at making quick decisions but I've reached an all-high record with this one.