Chapter 3-What's Happened?

*Tom’s POV*

Oh shit.

No, no, no, no no!

This can’t be Liz’s time to go; it isn’t her time to go.

The doctors came back into her room and told us that he had to leave, it was weird to have the boys of One Direction see this first hand, what my future sister-in-law went through every day since she was 9.

‘Hey, er, Tom, listen, er, I know that we haven’t known each other for long, but er, what is exactly wrong with Liz or Eliza? Which does she prefer?’ the curly hair boy called Harry asked me, sitting down opposite the chair I was in.

‘She prefers Eliza from her friends, I call her Liz because when I first met her I couldn’t be bothered saying Eliza and she calls me Tommy because I act younger then I am’ I smiled at the memory and I saw the boys laugh a little through their faces of concern.

‘Eliza has cancer; it is one of a kind because it is so aggressive, Eliza doesn’t cry, ever, that’s why I sent a text to her mum and my fiancé’. She must be in some pain. The thing that’s scaring me is that this is the second time I have ever heard her plea or complain about what she has, the cancer you see, it’s in her bones, she doesn’t have long to live and the other day, she well, she told me that she is fighting it, but she told me that she doesn’t think that she will make it for her sister and my wedding which is in 4 months’

I kinda started to cry. It hit me. Just now. It hit me hard like a punch to the stomach.

Eliza’s going to die and there’s nothing I can do to stop it from happening

‘Tom, I know we’re international superstars, we have a busy schedule, but, we will help out, she is part of the 1D family, she is one of us’ said Liam which made me smile.

‘Do you know how long she has to live?’ asked Zayn, holy cow, I know all their names, I’ve been hanging out with Liz too much. Ha.

‘No, she doesn’t want to know, so neither do the rest of her family and friends’

‘Tom’ said someone behind me. I turned my head so fast my neck cracked

‘Oh shit, Kylie babe’ I literally ran to hug the crying girl

‘What happened? Alisha called me and said there was some emergency or something? I just told my teacher what happened and he knows Eliza and her condition and tell me yo-what the hell is One Direction doing behind you?’ she said half smiling, half crying into my arms

‘well Liz made a wish and that was for them to come and I don’t know what’s wrong with her, she was so good yesterday, the medication is doing great, she was sick three times yesterday, once today, what was she on Saturday?’

‘7, it was quite bad, but that was because she was dancing’

‘wait-she was dancing?’ asked confused Harry from behind us

‘yeah, she only dances when she listens to your music and covers, so feel privileged that this has gotten her through her pain’ Kylie smiled, the memory being re-liven in her eyes ‘Kylie by  the way, Eliza’s best friend’ she smiled and shook each of the boys hands

‘Tom?’ called a voice from behind me and once again I turned my neck so fast I thought it was going to break.

‘Dr Samuels, what’s happened to her?’

‘Please sit’ he said indicating to the chair and we all sat back down.

‘It seems Eliza’s had a reaction to the treatment’