Chapter 18: Of Magic and Men

Of Magic and Men

            “Dude! You will never guess what happened to me last night!” Ronnie shouted as he sat down at his desk. 

            "Let me guess, it had something to do with sex," Celine guessed.

            "Yeah... how'd you guess?" Ronnie asked.

            "You have a one-track mind.  It's not hard to guess what is considered interesting to you," Celine stated. 

            "Nuh uh," Ronnie muttered, turning to Cid.  "Right Cid?" he asked. 

            "Sure...," Cid said sarcastically.

            Celine giggled softly.  "Even Cid agrees with me.  Just let it go, dude," she suggested as Mr. Gordon entered the room and began taking attendence.

            Cid turned to face the front.  Within seconds, a folded piece of paper landed on the desk in front of him.  He turned to look at Celine (the paper had clearly come from her), but she continued to stare straight ahead as if nothing had happened.

            He then opened the folded piece of paper.

Can we talk after class?

            Cid stared at the note quizzically before responding with a “Sure!”

            Celine nodded and placed the note in her bag.

            “So there I was, tied up and about to get the best lap dance in the history of mankind when this Iblis guy jumps in and starts busting everyone up,” Ronnie explained as the three of them left the class.

            “You wanted to get a lap dance from a woman with a spider’s head?” Celine asked.

            “Hey, from the neck down she was legit.  I’d be hard pressed to find a guy who wouldn’t tap that,” Ronnie explained.

            Cid raised his hand. “I wouldn’t,” he declared.

            Celine smiled.  “Finally!  Someone with some sense!” she stated.

            Ronnie just shook his head and placed an arm around Cid’s shoulder.  “Trust me dude.  If you had seen this chick, you would’ve had second thoughts,” he suggested.

            “Sure man, whatever you say,” Cid stated in between laughs.

            Ronnie paused and veered off towards a classroom.  “This is me!  See you folks after school,” he shouted as he entered the room.

            Suddenly, Cid found himself alone with Celine. 

            “So what’s up?” he asked as they made their way to their next class.

            “What do you mean?” Celine asked.

            “The note from class.  What’s up?” Cid continued.

            Celine’s face suddenly began to flush pink, which struck Cid as odd.  “Oh… that… I was wondering if you wanted to do something later on,” she suggested quietly.

            “The three of us?” Cid asked.

            This question caused Celine to become fidgety, which struck Cid as even more odd.  “I was thinking that the two of us could do something,” she mumbled.