Chapter 3

A.J’S POV

“Mr.” “Holmes.” I replied sitting across from a thin cop with long brown hair, his partner, who stood behind him, was an older female. “And you’re the victim’s boyfriend correct?” I sighed and shook my head, “No, I just saw what happened.” The man took out his notepad and loked at me, “Then begin.”

“I was in my car waiting for Camilla in the employee parking lot. I saw her walking toward what I assumed was her car. I lent down to grab my wallet off the floor and when I sat back up I saw a man walking toward her. I don’t know her that well so I assumed it was a friend so I waited in my car. I saw her dig in her purse and he walked up behind her and hit her on the head with a small hand gun. I shrunk down in my seat once I saw the gun. I peered over the the dashboard and saw him get into her car and drive off. I ran over to Camilla and tried to wake her up, when she didn’t I picked her up and gently put her in the back of my car and I brought her here.” I took a deep breath and looked back toward Cam’s room. The lady in the back smiles softly and says “Go on back, I think we have enough for now.” She hands me her card, “Call me if you remember anything else.” “Officer Jax.” I read aloud, “Thank you.” I got up and walked quietly back into Cam’s room, she was still asleep.

I decided to walk downstairs to the cafeteria and grab some food. I hadn’t eaten since lunch yesterday, almost 24 hours ago. I grab a ham sandwich and a coke. I stand in the long line for the register when I hear a small voice behind me, “Excuse me? Are you A.J Holmes?” I turn to see a small girl who couldn’t be much older than 12, her short pixie cut reminded me of my friend Tessa. I forced a smile not wanting to be gone much longer. “That’s my name!” I say looking down at her. “C..Can you sign this for me? It would be the best present for my brother who’s in surgery right now.” I smiled genuinely at her and took the card she was holding out at me. Get well and listen to your heart ;) -A.J Holmes “Here you are.” I say handing it back to her. I smile and turn back to the line as she runs off.

I glance at the candy, not sure what Cam liked I grab a Hershey's bar and a KitKat bar. I pay and walk back up to her 4th floor room. I slowly and quietly enter trying not to wake her. I sat in my chair and start eating my sandwich. I pull out my almost dead phone and send a message to my stage manager telling her I had an emergency and wouldn’t make it to that night’s show of Book Of Mormon. She instantly replied telling me to stay safe and take all the time I needed. I put my phone up and finish my sandwich. I start to close my eyes to take a small nap but I hear something so I open them back. Cam was thrashing in her bed. I reach over and grab her hand softly and she calmed down. I smiled at the sight of our hands joined together, that’s how I stayed for the next two hours.

--------------------------------------------------------------

A/N; Sorry it's short, it's just a filler for some things coming up. I hope everyone is enjoying it so far! Love yall!! -Aleigha