Chapter 6

I looked at AJ and quickly walked to the girls room, followed by Tony. “Tony, get out please.” I look in the mirror. “Camilla, Hun, What’s wrong?” I turn to look at the young man. The memories come flooding back as I look at him. The anger starts to boil, he cheated on me, not only that but he cheated on me with a GUY! Not that I have a problem with that it just hurt. I shake the memory and stare at him. “Please, just… It’s AJ.” I sigh and turn back to the sink.

“I’ve been in love with the guy on my screen for years now… What if he’s not what I always dreamed?” Tony walks up behind me and places his head on top of mine. “It’s worth a try. He may be better than you imagined. But anyone is better than me right?” He chuckles and I smile softly. “That’s the truth.” I say and turn around and hug him softly. “Thank you.” I say and head to the door, “By the way, I miss you friend.” He nodded and followed me out back to the table.

“Everything okay?” AJ asked clearly upset. “Everything is great.” I said with a true genuine smile, “And AJ, I really like you too.” His worry faded into a smile and he took my hand over the table, “I’m glad”

“God he’s such an asshole, don’t let the tabloids and TV make you think different!” AJ said finishing up his chicken parmesan. “Darren couldn’t be nice unless it’s written on a script.” I laugh and take the last sip of my wine. “But he just seems so…” “Stop there. Just stop!” We both crack up and see that the place is almost empty. AJ pays and takes my hand. We start out of the restaurant and decide to walk down the street and look at the shops, I had never been down Broadway New York. I wrap my arm through his and we take off towards the lights.

AJ points out some of the shows he had seen and parts he would want to play one day. We stand in front of the If/Then theater, “It starts in 10,” he pulls something out of his pocket, “Will you accompany me to the theater?” he ask in a really crummy British accent. I smile speechless and nod. I hug him tightly and look at him, I kiss his cheek and we walk into the theater. An usher leads us to our seats, Orchestra seating, third row, middle of the row.

Once we are seated I turned to look at this boy, “You amaze me.” I whisper, “Well, it’s worth amazing a beautiful girl.” He smiles and pushes back a piece of my hair. I feel a blush rise on my cheeks and I look down. The lights go down and I sit back in my seat, halfway through the first song AJ’s hand intertwines in mine. My idols are up on the stage, I’m watching Idina Menzel and Anthony Rapp, the people who turned me onto musicals, the two people who changed my life, standing together three rows in front of me.

After the show we walked back to his car. I stopped him and turned to look at him, “Where did you come from?” He smiles and looks down at me, “What does hat mean?” He chuckles. “You were this perfect man that I watched on my computer screen, you were my sunshine on rainy days, then you were this sweet stranger who saved my life. Now you’re this image of a perfect boyfriend.” He smiled and wrapped his arms around my waist. “Cam, I’ve known you for a week and a half and I’ve fallen heads over heels for you, you flipped my world upside down.”

He lifts my chin up and kisses me so softly. I melt in his arms as I wrap mine around his neck as I kiss him back. I pull back and look into his brown eyes, “I’m head over heels for you too.” He smiled and chuckled as he pecked my lips once more.

AJ drops me off and walks me to my apartment, “Goodnight.” He says softly, “Goodnight,” I reply with a smile, he once more kisses me softly and walks back down the stairs. I watch him go and leans against my closed door, I sigh deeply and walk in the door. Alli lays on the couch, the TV on Law and Order: SVU, but it is drowned out by her snoring. I chuckle turning off the TV and covering her up. I change and jump into my bed. I plug my phone in and see a text, “Goodnight beautiful, I really enjoyed tonight. I hope you’re free tomorrow night, I have a surprise.” I smile at myself and send back a quick Sounds great! Text me deets, I’m off all day ;)”

I let out a soft squeal and curl up in my covers, “Perfect night.” I whisper turning on pandora.