Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I sit up slowly which makes my head hurt worse. A nurse walks in and looks at me, “Hun, you should lay back down.” I do as she says and look over to see the tall boy with large brown eyes watching me. He smiles softly at me. The nurse smiles as she works on my IV, “You’re a lucky girl, your boyfriend hasn’t left your side since he brought you in last night, I’m not sure he’s even slept.” she looks once more at A.J and leaves cracking the large door.

“What happened?” I tried asking, but the words wouldn’t come, all that escaped was a small squeak and plenty of tears. A.J pulls his chair closer to the bed and takes my hand being careful of the tubes in it. I took a deep breath and repeated the question successfully this time.

“Well,” he began with a sigh, “You were walking to your car when a guy jumped you, knocking you out with the butt of his gun. He took your bag and your car leaving you there in the parking lot.” I closed my eyes trying to remember anything, I couldn’t. I cried a little bit harder and took a breath trying to calm myself, “And you fit in this how?” I ask quietly looking up at him for the first time. A blush rose on his cheeks and he looked down.

“I knew when the mall closed so I decided to come see if you wanted to go… ya know… get a drink.” He was looking at our intertwined fingers. I didn’t realize he still had my hand, it just felt so right. “I saw you walk out, as I was starting to get out he came into view. I didn’t know if you knew him or not so I waited, I’m sorry, I didn’t know…” his voice slowly trailed off, he was clearly upset. I squeezed his hand and looked at him telling him it was okay with my eyes.

“I’m Camilla.” I said with a smile, the first one I had given since I met him. “I know.” He replied chuckling which brought back his gorgeous smile. I could feel the pain in my head worsen so I laid back and sighed which only made it worse. Another nurse came in and put something into my I.V, “Boyfriend, cops are here to talk to you.” she said smiling and turning to walk out, “I’m not her…” he started but she was gone. He stood up but I kept a soft grip on his hand. “Thank you, really.” I said sincerely as the pain medicine drifted me into sleep.

A.J’s POV

I watched her drift off before I left her, I just couldn’t leave her there. Here I was watching over someone I didn’t know, but she just seemed so, so, special, I couldn’t help it. When I walked into EarthBound today I never expected to meet this girl who is slowly consuming my life.