Street/Commercial: Jump Around

A/N: This chapter was originally written by hd1606, so thank you very much for your help! As a warning, there is some strong language used here, so reader discretion is advised.

Dianne Buswell clapped her hands together sharply as she advanced on the group of Year 11 boys sat on the benches in the Sports Hall. She was the newest teacher at Corsham School, and was determined to make an impact.

"Alright, let's do five laps for your warm-up, and then we'll get the introductions out of the way," she commanded, "Come on, up you get!"

The students did as they were told, and Dianne studied them carefully as they ran, "Let's see you pick up the pace there," she shouted as she tracked the students around the gym, trying to figure out what each of them were like. She didn't know any of their names yet, so Dianne had no choice but to refer to them by the numbers on their shirts, "7 and 9 looking a little sloppy. 13, I'm liking that pace. Pick it up 4, you're trailing". 

Joe Sugg – arguably, the school's star player – rolled his eyes, "I already fucking hate her: five laps in the first session back before she's even said hi", he grumbled to the teammate running next to him as he sped up. 

Having heard his words, Dianne spun around to face the young man, "4, that's another lap for you!" she snapped, "No swearing or disrespect in the gym".

Joe groaned but sped up anyway, not wanting to be the last person still running laps.

"Bet that's got yer hearts pumping, hasn't it?" she remarked as the majority of the boys came to a stop and flopped on the floor in the middle of the marked-out court. 

Dianne glanced at Joe, "Good form there, 4; well done mister..." she trailed off. 

"Sugg – Joe Sugg – miss", he panted as he rounded the last corner, embarrassed to find that he was the last person to finish the warm-up. 

"Right then, let's have you all take a seat if you haven't, or sit up if you're lolloping", Dianne began as she sat down on the bench next to her clipboard, glaring at the students who were seemingly lounging around on the floor. 

"I'm Miss Buswell, Coach Buswell, I've replaced Coach Donnahey," she explained, "I've been teaching for four years and I took my last basketball team to the national interschool champs, so you're in good hands".

Dianne heard a snort coming from Joe, as well as mutterings of disbelief from some of the other boys. But she chose to ignore them, along with the smirks and doubtful glances from the students at her words.

"So, I was speaking to Mr McEvoy earlier about this team, and he had assured me you are the best the school has ever seen, so I'm expecting great things," she continued, "Now, like most teachers – as you saw back there with Mr Sugg's little stunt – I do not tolerate misbehaviour and poor conduct on this team, or in any of my lessons for that matter".

Joe scowled, "It wasn't a 'stunt'," he muttered, "I didn't do it for attention, I was just speaking my mind".

Dianne blinked at him, "What was that, Mr Sugg? You want to do another lap?" she asked facetiously.

Joe put on his best fake smile, "No thank you, Coach Buswell".

Dianne held his gaze momentarily, knowing that it would be unprofessional to play at his game and stoop to his level. Swallowing the retort on the tip of her tongue, she scanned the room to make sure that everybody was listening before continuing, "Right, now that's out of the way, let's get this register done and get you doing a bit of practice!" she instructed, grabbing her clipboard. As she ran through the list, she got them to shout their jersey numbers to her, so that she could start to make associations.