Chapter 4

The rest of the week went by pretty fast. Javier kept asking me did I think about being his girlfriend. I didn't turn him down, I just haven't given him an answer yet. I really liked him though, he was charming, walked me to all of my classes, and we ate lunch together. I really hope he doesn't give up on me.

He have the boyfriend qualities, I don't know what I'm so afraid of with him. Maybe I should just give him a chance. It was Saturday morning and I was still walking around in my shorts and tank top. My hair was thrown into a messy bun. Saturdays are always my lazy days.

My mom was working so I got up and cleaned the house. I also decided to cook me some breakfast this morning. In the middle of cooking the doorbell rung, "I wonder who that can be" I thought to myself.

I looked out the window and seen it was Javier. Oh dang I look a mess, he can't see me like this. Wait why is he here? How do he know where I live? What do he want? "Maybe you should open the door to get the answers to my questions" Dang he have me talking to myself. I laughed out loud.

I quickly opened the door. I first seen a bouquet of pink roses. Which of course was my favorite. Now I really want to know how he knew that. Hi, what are you doing here? I asked surprised but still trying to hold back my smile. "I thought I should make somebody day" he replied.

Here you go, a beautiful arrangement for a beautiful person. I was definitely blushing now. "So dang, I'm not even worth coming inside?" he joked. "Oh yeah dang I'm sorry" I laughed. I told him he can have a seat on the couch, and went upstairs to put the flowers in my room. When I came back I can smell something was burning. "Oh snap I completely forgot I was cooking" I shouted. I ran to the kitchen and seen my bacon was burnt. Ugh, now you know I was pissed that's my favorite part of breakfast. Javier came behind me laughing, don't let me mess up your mind ma or be the reason to burn your house down.

I playfully hit him and giggled. "Are you hungry? Its enough food here for more than one person." He accepted my offer and I fixed our plates and we sat at the kitchen table and ate.

"Dang ma I didn't know you can cook. Too bad I couldn't enjoy the bacon." he pointed out. "Oh you trying to be funny and you're the reason of that." I exclaimed. We finished our food and went to the living room.

"Do you want to watch a movie? I asked him. He quickly said yes and I put in the movie Reel Steel. The movie about the fighting robot. How did you know where I lived? I asked him. He smiled and told me he have his sources. "Oh yeah I loved the flowers, how did you know they was my favorites?" He then repeated, "I have my sources."

When the movie was over he asked me to get dressed. I asked where he was taking me but he wouldn't answer. Ugh, he have me playing the guessing game already.

I told him I had to call my mom and let her know because I knew she was pulling a double shift over at the Hospital. Being a doctor she is always on call. He told me he already handled that so yes I was very confused. "What do you mean you handled it, Javier?" I asked.

"You didn't think I can take the princess out without talking to the queen did you?" Wow I was really amazed, I can't believe he went through the trouble to actually talk to my mom for me. WAIT, "Javier what did my mom say?" I questioned.

"I earned her respect and trust, she said I can take you out tonight but just be home at a reasonable hour." Oh that's great, how did you get in contact with her? You don't even have to answer that we can talk about it some other time.

I ran upstairs and called my mom to make sure it was ok. She was surprisingly excited for me and was being unusually nice on the phone. I took a shower then straightened my hair. I decided I would let it flow in the wind tonight.