Chapter 12

I woke up with the biggest smile on my face. Nadis is supposed to be discharged from the hospital today. I got up and got dressed, slipping into something comfortable to wear.

My phone started ringing indicating that I had someone trying to facetime me. I grabbed my phone off the dresser and seen it was Nadia. 

"Hey girl Hey" I called out excitedly.

"Hey C, I can't wait to see you I'm ready to get the hell up out of here." Nadia complained. 

"I know you are, I will be there within 15 minutes okay. Your mom should be pulling up anytime as well."

"That's the best thing I heard all day" Nadia smiled then I saw her look towards the door in the hospital room. "Um can I help you?" she asked.

"Nadia who's there?" I questioned.

"Hello, I'm detective Lowell, I'm here under the investigation of your hit and run case." I heard someone say in the background. 

I don't like Nadia to relive those moments alone, and get questioned when nobody is around. I hurried and grabbed my keys while still staying connected to the videochat. I ran to my car and hauled off to the hospital.

Nadia has been handling things pretty well, she was explaining to them for like the third time everything she remembers from that day. 

As soon as I walked in the entrance of the hospital, the video chat got disconnected. 

"Damn" I grunted and tried to find service again as I was getting on the elevator. 

I made it to Nadia's room and thankfully my mom has made it in there. The detectives was wrapping up their questions and just about to go as I was walking in. "Excuse me, do yall have any leads at all yet, it's been almost a whole month?" I asked.

"As of now we're following all protocols and do not have anything but we are doing everything possible to find the person responsible."  One of the officers explained.

I just brushed off the officer, nodded my head and continued walking over to Nadia. I knew it was also protocol for them to say that to try to make us at ease but I see bullshit a mile away.

My mom informed us that Nadia will have problems with her balance for awhile but with therapy starting she should be back to her usual self in no time.

She has been doing a lot better, after she was conscious she was ordered to stay in the hospital about three more days. They wanted to keep a eye on her to make sure she was doing okay to be released.

We have not yet told her about the connections with Javier mom because she did not need to be worried about that at the moment. Especially until we have answers.

When she found out she was in the hospital for 3 whole weeks already she broke down. She had questions about school and started stressing about graduating in time. I assured her everything will be okay and she will get back on track in no time. 

Nadia looked at me, '' Camille I want to say thank you in case I don't thank you enough'' I hugged her,'' I'm here for you no matter what and you know that'' Nadia then turned to my mom,'' And Momma Carmen thank you for not only being my doctor but my second mom as well'' My mom smiled ,'' it's my job to look after you girls, Literally.'' we all bust out laughing. 

"Knock, knock, knock" Ma Tammy walked in saying. "Hey mother, I'm ready whenever you are." Nadia exclaimed.

"Nadi I will be over there shortly to help you out, I know ma Tammy can use my assistance" I joked.

Tammy chuckled "Definitely because I know she about to take advantage of little ol me."

Everyone laughed again, "okay see yall soon, let me just say my goodbyes to my mom and I'll be there." They said okay to me and wheeled out the room.