Chapter 1

Chapter 1

-2008-

“Kayla that is not funny, it really hurt,” Cadence huffed as her best friend continued to laugh.

“I’m sorry Cade but it really was funny” she said as Cadence continued to pout and she continued to laugh.

“Ok I’m sorry….buuuut it was so funny I mean you tripped a little then started yelling at the rock you tripped over and then bumped into a pole and fell on your ass,” she said starting to laugh again which caused Cadence to laugh as well.

Cadence pulled Kayla along by the arm as they both headed towards the school doors, right before they were able to open them they heard their names being yelled out, both of them turned to see their best friend Alex running towards them struggling to keep her back pack on her shoulder.

“Shit man, ya’ll could have at least waited for me. Geez.” Alex huffed as she tried to catch her breath. 

“Alex, we learned a long time ago if we wait for you we’ll end up being late. Not our fault you don’t wake up early,” Kayla pointed out as Cadence held in her laughter and Alex was about to argue but then just shrugged and agreed as she looked over Kayla’s shoulder then smirked.

“Well if it isn’t Mr. Kayla,” Alex said as Kayla looked at her puzzled before letting a squeal escape her lips as she was lifted into the air.

“EVAN! PUT ME DOWN!” she screamed while laughing which attracted attention towards them.

“Haven’t you ever seen two people in love or what, LOOK AWAY! There’s nothing to see here,” Alex said as she waved her hands shooing people which got a laugh out of Cadence.

Evan put Kayla down and kissed her cheek causing them to turn a pink color. He wrapped his arms around Kayla’s waist holding her in a backwards hug.

“So Cade are you and Jensen going out tonight or can you come with Alex and me to the mall?” Kayla asked to which Cadence just shrugged.

“I don’t know yet. He said he wanted to talk to me during lunch, something important.” Kayla nodded as the bell rang to head to class which made Alex groan.

“Why do I have math all alone?” Cadence laughed as she walked away with Alex leaving Evan and Kayla alone.

**

Just as Cadence walked into the cafeteria she spotted Alex sitting across from Evan and Kayla, she walked over to them and took the seat next to Alex and across from Evan.

“Are you serious?!” Kayla asked as she burst out into laughter, “There is no way that happened Alex, I mean this is KIERAN we’re talking about!” she said emphasizing ‘Kieran’ which just made Alex gawk at her.

“IT’S TRUE, I WITNESSED IT!” she looked to Cadence for help and she just shrugged not sure what was even going on.

“Hey I just got here,” Alex groaned and looked at Evan.

“Do you believe me Evan?” he looked at her and slowly shook his head as Alex groaned and slumped in her seat “Fine whatever” she mumbled.

Cadence laughed as she looked up and elbowed Alex “Speak of the Devil… Hey Kieran,” she greeted with a smile.

Kieran gave her a small smile and hugged her tightly as he whispered in her ear “I love you Cade, you’re my best friend” she looked at him confused as he pulled away from her as he glanced over his shoulder.

Still with a confused look on her face she looked past Kieran and saw Jensen causing her to smile when he signaled her to follow him.

“Hey I will be right back guys,” she said as she stood up and walked out into the hallway, she looked around until she saw his shirt sticking out from behind some lockers.