Chapter 6

Chapter 6

“You okay?” Cadence asked as Kayla looked over at her.

“Yeah I’m fine, just thinking” she lied.

“Okay, about?” Cadence asked as Kayla just looked at her. It had been a couple weeks since Alex told her what she found and no matter what solution they came up with they were afraid of losing their best friend. Thanksgiving was around the corner which meant that Zach would be home, that was also another option, telling Zach and asking for his help in talking to Cadence but with each scenario they knew that Cadence would deny it no matter what.

“Hey Cade” Kayla said grabbing Cadence’s arm stopping her in her tracks.

“Yeah” Cadence turned to look at her as Kayla stammered on her words.

‘Why Cadence, Why?’ she thought to herself but couldn’t bring herself to say it out loud and shook her head.

“Um let’s watch a horror movie tonight instead of a comedy” Cadence smiled and laughed.

“You, scaredy Kayla wants to watch a horror movie” Kayla playfully glared at her as both girls laughed and continued to walk towards Cadence’s house.

Cadence laughed at Kayla who was hiding behind the couch pillow, “You sure you want to keep watching Kayla?” Cadence asked with humor in her voice.

Kayla peaked from behind the pillow “Yeah, definitely the movie is pretty good” Cadence looked at her crossing her arms.

“Oh really?” Cadence asked laughing.

“Kayla the movie hasn’t even started, it’s the previews” Cadence pointed out laughing her loud contagious laugh causing Kayla to laugh and come out from under the covers.

Kayla laughed with her before having the laughter die down when Cadence ran a hand through her hair, Kayla could see the scars on her wrist before Cadence quickly pulled her sleeve down.

Kayla could feel tears in the back of her eyes, “Kayla? You okay?” Kayla looked down and took a deep breath.

“No, no I’m not Cade” Kayla looked up and seeing Cadence’s big brown eyes she broke down crying.

Cadence ran over to her and hugged her tightly “What’s wrong Kayla?” Cadence pulled away cupping Kayla’s cheeks in her hands “Please tell me, what’s wrong?” Kayla shook her head and hugged Cadence tightly as if holding on for dear life.

“Tell me, please” Cadence begged as Kayla pulled away and looked at her.

“I…I can’t” she said shaking her head.

Cadence stood up “That’s it, I’m calling Alex over” Cadence said taking out her cellphone.

“NO!” Kayla yelled causing Cadence to look over at her.

“Well, are you going to tell me or do I have to call Alex to get it out of you” Kayla shook her head and sat back down on the couch.

“Kayla I’ve known you since we were six, please tell me” Cadence begged as she crouched down in front of Kayla.

Kayla looked at her with tears in her eyes and took Cadence’s hands in hers and looked down at her scars as the tears spilled down her eyes, “I know” she whispered.

Cadence looked at her confused and glanced down at her wrists “Kayla, it from carrying too many grocery bags, it’s no big deal” she said laughing lightly as Kayla groaned and stood up.