Chapter 4

Alcyone's POV

Lilith has been acting really strange lately. She hasn't talked to me for almost three days now. She stands in the balcony and stares at the clouds. She didn't even see Taygete today.

Something is really wrong with her.
But her personality has always been this way. She was always really quiet and curious just about everything.
And me, I'm also a very serious kind of person but not as serious as her; I'm playful at the very least.

Its pretty hot outside. I'm not sure how she is managing to look at the bright sun. Let me go and approach her.
So I'm going to tip-toe my way towards her aaaand...

"BOO!" I said out loud at her shoulder.
But, nothing?
"Hey Al. How are you today?" She asked with a blank expression on her face.
"Oh, uhh...nothing. Everything is okay." I answered nervously.

"Great" She said with a little smile.
I really think I need to distract her from just blankly staring at the sun and damaging her eyes.

"Lily, I think its really hot out here. Why don't we just chill in the pool for some time? What do you say?" I asked and expected she would say no.
"Well, sure!" She answered.

I was kinda surprised. Its not always she likes to go there but okay.
"Great. Come on then." I took her hand and we walked towards near the center of the palace.

This place is HUGE. It has a round top made of coloured mirrors. The area is surrounded by pillars and beautiful plants and flowers.
Its usually pretty dark here.

Just at the entrance, we are greeted with the beautiful smell of flowers.
The water is really cold, yet perfect for this weather. I check by dipping my feet in them.
We undressed and dived straight into the water. We just have some light white clothing.

For some reason, the water is always glowing here, and so are the crystals around here. I had attached a tiny crystal in my, Lily's, and Taygete's band. They glow too.

Lily is just swimming around the big pool. She all of a sudden looks happier. And I do too. Just seeing my family happy feels so good. It also might be because my soul element is water and I'm so close to water right now.

I approached her. She's looking at me. Why do I feel kinda nervous with my own damn sister?!

"Al, I don't know why but I have never felt so good in the water before. I know that since a couple days I've been acting strange. And even I'm confused why. Everything feels so weird." As she said, I could see her eyes watering even in her wet face.
"Whatever happens, I swear I'll always be with you. Like, ALWAYS."
She hugged me immediately. I hugged her back.
It lasted for a good 15 seconds.

"Actually, just forget it. Wanna go take a dive?" She asked me with a smile and there were still tears in her eyes.
"Why not!" I said like I'm going to win a game or something.
"Let's go then."

I'm standing in this cold white marble, it gives me the chills and when we speak, our echoing sound is just...wow.
"Ready?" She asked.
"Yup."
"1..2..3...GO!"

I closed my eyes and let my body sink in, in this cold and glowing water.
For some reason, Atlanteans can hold their breath for upto 10 minutes and swim incredibly fast. I don't know what its like outside of Atlantis.

The special thing about this pool is that it is connected with the largest river of Atlantis and eventually, The Atlantic Ocean. So its not uncommon to "sea" some fishes in here. Yeah, I'm not funny.

I just noticed Lily was looking at me the whole time. I'll smile to her. She smiled back.

Oh and I can see a dolphin over there. This is the best part.
I'm touching her right now. She seems to be smiling. She's just adorable.
Lily is hugging her. They seem like telepathically speaking to each other. Lily's connection to animals is just so deep.

After a while, Lily signals me that we need to go.
I shouldn't stay, but I don't wanna go.
We're heading back now. I'm going at my full speed. And wheeee!
Ahh, the water rushing through my face feels so good. I want to close my eyes and just feel everything around me. This is the best experience.

I'm here now. Yes, I think I reached earlier than Lil-
Oh, no. She reached earlier than me. She is older than me so she obviously swims faster.
"Yes, I am faster." She replied as if I were speaking to her.
"Wait what?" I was so confused.
"What?" She also said with a confused expression.
"Well, nevermind." I said and laughed nervously.

We both dressed with the clothes we were wearing earlier. Our clothes are mostly white with often coloured shading in the bottom with loose sleeves.
The other people in the kingdom wear the same. I had heard that in Gnosgi, the royals ALWAYS wear dresses with pearls and crystals. I feel bad for them
that they have to wear a heavy dress all the time. Our dresses make us more comfortable and we kind of blend in with our people.

We're heading out now, back to our rooms. I don't wanna leave this smell.
Even the reflection of the water in my skin feels so relaxing.

I'm in my room, just laying in my bed. It was a wonderful exoerience afterall.
But what really happened to Lily before this? Was she possessed? Pffft...no, Al. That's just silly.
Sometimes I like to think how we are just so young yet, so old.
I think age is just a number and what really matters is mentality, not consensually of course.

I think the times spent with Lily are the best ones yet. However, I'm really concerned about her on how she's acting lately. Well, I shouldn't be. I'm just too paranoid. She is the older one, not me.

But I don't know, I think its just in my nature to be worried.