Chapter 3

Lilith's POV

Everything is so perfect. I'm living someone's dream life. Yet, I feel so empty inside. I don't know why but after all I saw yesterday, it feels weird.

***

Yesterday, when I was playing in the castle, I stumbled upon something strange. It was a part of my home that I had never discovered.
It was a small cave. I got in there and what I saw next was a huge door. It had big carvings of serpents and monsters. It was like a warning.
But I proceeded anyway. I was scared, but humans can't control themselves, can they?
There was darkness everywhere. There were gold statues probably worth millions.
There was a huge shelf. There was a particular book that stood out the most.
It was deep red in colour, decorated with a piece of platinum that looked exactly like the serpent I had seen in the front door. It had a strange smell, like that of roses but also like that of blood.
Consider it a fair warning.
I took a deep breath and opened it.
My eyes were closed. I took a little peak with an eye.
"Oh, its just some poetry! You coward little Lily!" I thought.
The thing that intrigued me the most about the book is that it featured only one poem. The rest were either empty pages or drips of what looked like blood. This honestly freaked me out. But I wanted to read that one poem that was there. The title was,
"She lives."

"Uhh...okay. Must be another one of those horror story of some kind." I thought and read the whole thing.

She lives.

|All she wanted was a child.
|But he, was wild.
|She ruled Nekros but couldn't rule herself.
|She had no choice but to lock her feelings in a shelf.
|She was Dana.
|He left her with an ocean of melancholy.
|And a child of his inside her body.
|She took care of her, it was a daughter.
|She was the only thing that brought her laughter.
|She named her Mari,
|There was absolutely nothing she couldn't see.
|Then he came back, in hope of a son.
|But he was in anger and there was nowhere to run.
|He threatned her and Mari.
|But Dana didn't feel sorry.
|He took Mari and kept her underwater.
|Dana was in shock and she held her dead daughter.
|He tried killing her too,
|By throwing her in the blue.
|He thought she cannot swim.
|Her breath was going slim.
|But she survived.
|She revived.
|She wanders in the dark woods.
|She searches her child that didn't get her childhood.
|She lives.

That was really interesting. I feel so sorry for Mari and Dana. But its unnerving to think that the title and the final line says that she lives. It implies that she's alive and as in the poem, wanders in the dark woods.

After reading it, I got out of there as soon as possible.
I'm still so creeped out about the situation. It seems like any other poem but I'm almost certain it means something. I wanna know the rest of the story.
Does she live?