ten

"i don't want to i'm scared." sam complained as colby tried dragging him out of the house.

"sam please. we have to do this. i'll be there with you the whole time." colby said.

"swear?"

"i swear." colby smiled.

sam walked with colby to his red corolla and got in the passengers seat.

they drove silently to sams therapy meeting.

they walked in to a large room with gray walls.

sam say down and colby walked up to a lady behind a desk.

"i'm here for a therapy meeting. it's for my friend, sam golbach." colby smiled at the lady.

"yes to see mrs. emily. she'll come get you in just a minute."

colby gave a thankyou to the lady before sitting next to sam.

sam was bouncing his leg up and down nervously.

colby put his hand on sams knee.

sam stopped bouncing his leg and looked at colbys hand placed on his knee and looked up at colby who looked down at his phone.

colby gave sam a sense of security. he felt safe and less nervous when colby was around.

"sam golbach." a lady said causing sam and colby to look at her and stand up.

"i'm emily. you boys can come right this way." she said and she walked down a hall and to a door that she opened letting sam and colby in.

sam and colby both took a seat on the couch and emily took a seat in front of them.

"which one of you is sam?" emily asked.

she gave a smile and colbys heart melted.

he cleared his mind getting back on track.

"that'd be me." sam said softly.

"so you're colby, i talked to you on the phone?" emily asked.

"yeah. nice to meet you."

"you too." she smiled again. "let's get started."

sam answered questions and talked about some things. the therapy session ended and sam and colby began to walk out.

"colby stay for just a second please." emily asked.

"go to the car sammy. i'll be out in a minute." colby said and closed the door behind sam.

"it was nice if you to call for your friend. but i wanted to give you this." emily said standing in front of colby handing him a piece of paper.

"it's for you. it's not for anything about the therapy just, if you want to go do something  sometime." she said.

"okay. see you thursday." colby said.

he walked out of the room and opened the piece of paper.

it was her number.

colby smiled before walking away and outside to his car.

sam waited for him. "what was that about?" he asked.

"she just told me it was nice for me to call to get you help." colby didn't lie. he just didn't tell the whole truth.

"oh. okay then." sam shrugged thinking nothing of it.

colby drove home with sam not being able to get emily off his mind.

he kept trying to convince himself he was made for sam, but he could help but wonder what it would be like to be with a girl such as emily and to live a life with her.

published 10/13/19