nine

sam woke up in colbys arms.

there he felt safe, warm, secure.

sam felt colby squeeze him tighter and saw his face contort.

he was having a nightmare.

"sam stop." colby mumbled.

the nightmare was about sam.

colby saw sam laying in his bed lifeless.

"sam stop."

"sam this isn't funny wake up" colby said shaking sam.

"sam we told you he was dying." corey said at the doorway.

colby broke down in tears and then he was awaken.

"colby look at me. i'm here i'm here."

"sam!" colby hugged sam.

he was relieved it was a dream.

colby was letting stuff get to him.

"shut up." sam whispered to himself turning away from colby.

the voices in sams head still remained.

ugly

worthless

faggot

too skinny

too small

burden

blonde.

as the voices got worse sam became annoyed.

shut up

stupid

shut up

lonely

shut up

attention seeker

"SHUT UP!" sam said and threw his phone at the wall.

sam had another episode.

this startled colby. he looked at sam who threw the blankets off him and got up.

"hey hey sam." colby said jumping out of bed.

sam walked to his phone picking up the pieces and walked out of his room.

"sam what was that?" colby asked.

"it's not important colby." sam said walked down the stairs.

"sam please tell me."

"no."

the truth was, sam was afraid to tell colby about the voices.

he thought it would make colby think he was crazy.

"sammy." colby said grabbing sams wrist as he reached for the handle on the front door.

"colby i can't tell you. you won't love me anymore."

"sam what makes you think that? i'll love you no matter what." colby smiled.

"colby i have." sam started but stopped afraid of the outcome.

"come on sam."

"i have voices that talk to me and tell me bad things about my self. i'm sorry." sam began to cry.

colby pulled him into a hug as sam continued to cry and apologize.

"no sam. don't apologize. it's okay. you did nothing wrong." colby reassured him.

unfortunately colby knew sam needed help.

real help.

"we're gonna fix this sam. okay?"

"they mostly happen when you're not around. i don't know why they were happening today." sam admitted.

"i'm gonna call someone for you okay. a therapist or something." colby smiled and hugged his best friend and love of his life, before walking away.

he went to his room and scrolled through his phone finding any number of a therapist he could call.

"hello." a woman said on the other line. "this is emily, i'm a therapist at LA therapy how can i help you today?"

colby listed rocks her soothing voice behind the phone.

she sounded so sweet.

"hey emily. i'm colby. i have a friend who says he hears voices talking to him. i want to get him help." colby sounded broken as he had one hand in his hair and the phone up to his ear.

he was on the edge of his bed, slouching and staring at the floor.

"oh i see. would you like one therapy session or would you like to set up like a plan, call it twice a week until the issue is fixed?" she asked.

"yeah. let's do the plan. twice a week but when?" colby sighed at the end of his sentence thinking about sam.

"tuesday and Thursday. 4:30pm?"

"perfect." colby said.

"alright colby i'll just need some information form you." she said and colby gave her the information she asked and he hung up the phone.

i'm sorry i haven't updated in a while. school has me really busy and i'm not happy with who i am so i'm trying to work on that too. i love you and i'm sorry i won't update as often as i used to🖤