Perfection (Epilogue)

"Babe come quick, you're on TV." Spencer calls to me from the living room.

"Ashee, Ashee, loooook, it's you!" Matty says jumping up and down, pointing at the TV, when I emerge from the kitchen.

"I see buddy, I see." I chuckle at him and take a seat on the couch next to him and Spencer.

'I was just doing what any other lawyer would have done.' I answer the news reporter on the television.

After the trial I pressured the Chief of Police for a month into doing a ballistics test on Amanda James's weapon. Turns out it was a match to the bullet that was recovered from the scene. She was arrested and spilled everything. She and Aiden were having an affair, and although Aiden promised her that he would leave Spencer to be with her, he later changed his mind and told Amanda that they could no longer see each other. She didn't like that very much. The day that Aiden was killed, he'd called her and told her that he was going to tell his wife about the affair and that he never wanted to speak to her again. She said that she snapped and went over there, not intending to kill him that it just kinda happened. Personally, I believe she did it because a scandal like this would have ruined her chances of making detective.

Now I guess it doesn't even matter.

"Aw baby, you look so cute." Spencer says and leans over and kisses me. My cheeks burn red.

"I don't understand why they keep showing this, it was four months ago." I shake my head and stand up.

"It's cause they know how much I love my girlfriend and..." She says, pulling me back down next to her on the couch. "...you look so hot and confident, it turns me on." She whispers seductively in my ear.

Ahh! My center jumps. After five months of dating she still has that affect on me.

"Matty buddy." I say shooting up from the couch and Spencer giggles below me. "Want some ice cream now?" I ask and he nods and dashes into the kitchen.

"You're cruel..." I shake my head and smile at her.

"I love you." She calls out to me as I walk into the kitchen. I shake my head, but say it back.

"I guess I love you too." I throw back over my shoulder.

-

"So when does it come out?" Jackson asks excitedly.

"Jack, will you shut up about that." I tell my friend with a playful smile.

"Noooo." He shakes his head. "It's not every day that a really good friend of mine get's not only a feature but the front page of Los Angeles Lawyer." He says and I laugh at him.

"It's no big deal." I shake my head.

"No big deal." He says and stands from the chair he was sitting in. "No big deal?!" He says louder. I can't help but giggle at him.

"You're being a little dramatic, don't you think?" I ask him quirking a brow.

He sighs and sits down. "You're being a little blasé, don't you think? Not only did you win one of the biggest cases of your career but you, found the real killer, you got the girl, aaaaaaaand you're one of the most respected lawyers on this side of Texas."

"Like I said, no big deal." I say and shrug.

"You're crazy, Ash." He says and stands up.

"Mhm." I say with a smile. "You still coming to dinner tonight with me and Spence, right?" I ask and he nods.

"Yep, I'll be there."

"What about Aisha?" I ask.

"Oh, yeah, she's coming too." He shrugs. I laugh at shake my head at him.