Chapter Eight.

Chris' P.O.V.

"Chris let me in!" Erica screams through the door.

"No can do big sister!" I scream back a smirk taking over my face.

"Please Chrissy Wissy," she pleads her pounding on my bedroom door coming to a sudden stop.

"Go away I'm busy!" I plop down on my bed laughing at my sister's immature behavior.

"Busy doing what? We all know that Christopher Maurice Brown has no life!" She teases and I can tell by the tone of her voice that she has a huge smile on her face.

I reach for my phone on my nightstand ignoring my sister's teasing. I click in Arielle's name and wait impatiently as the dial tone rings through my ears.

"Come on Chris! What could you possibly be doing?"

"Hello?" Ari says.

"Hey Arielle how's MiMi?"

"Wait are you talking to a girl?" Erica yells, the pounding on my door returning.

I swear this girl needs to shut up!

"Oh my gosh! You are aren't you?! Ahh shit! My baby brother finally has got his mojo back!!"

"Will you shut up! I'm TRYING to talk on the phone!" I scold her. Damn man it's times like this when I can't believe that my sister is actually twenty five and not thirteen!

"She's fine. She's sleeping right now." Ari tells me and I try my hardest to pay attention to what she is saying but Erica interrupts again.

"Oh really nigga? You would rather talk on the phone with some chick then chat with your big sissy? I see how it is!" She teases me.

"Oh okay that's good," I say to Ari before replying back to my sister. "Bye Erica! Go get a life of your own or something! Go get a man cuz I swear you get lonely whenever Dashon is at daycare!" I then hear footsteps leading down the hallway telling me that Erica has finally decided to leave me the hell alone.

"You can call me back if your busy right now," Ari tell me sounding confused as well as disappointed.

"Naww Naww that's just my sister being annoying as usual. So listen I was wondering if maybe you wanted to hang out again tomorrow?" I tell her, leaning back on my headboard. Damn I can finally give her my full attention and not have to worry about Erica's nosey ass!

"I don't know if that's a good idea right now, I don't want to leave Baby Girl with anyone else at the moment"

"No no no. That's what I was finna explain, I wanted to know if you and MiMi maybe wanted to go to Chuck E Cheese or something with me and my nephew?" That's a lie. I wasn't going to ask Ari that from the beginning. Originally I was going to ask Arielle to be my girl but Cj seems to have shrunken a little at the moment and with him also went my courage. See this is what she does to me! I haven't been this nervous around a girl since the incident with-. I stop my thoughts from heading that way because up until this point it hadn't even crossed my mind and the last thing I need right now is to relive that memory.

"Yeah sure that sounds good you can text me the details then." She exclaims snapping me out of my confusing thought.

We both agree to text each other later and quickly get off the phone.

As I sit on my bed I get lost in my thoughts once again.

This time it's going to be different, Arielle's different. I tell myself.

***

"Hey what's good little man!" I give Dashon a soft nudge on the shoulder.

"Uncle Chris!" He says and I can tell by the look in his eyes that he wants to run up and give me a hug, but he's in that stage now where he thinks he is too manly for hugs so instead he settles for a high five.

"Whacha been up to?" I ask him.

"I have a girlfriend at daycare now!" He tells me sticking his chest out.

"Oh really?" I raise my eyebrow at him holding in a laugh.

"Her name is Gabby! I share my cookies with her!" He looks at me as if waiting for me to give him my approval.

"We'll that's good for you little man!"

As I look down at his mocha brown eyes gazing up at me I can't help but chuckle to myself.Well what do you know! My four year old nephew is a little lady's man! I guess little man did pick up a few things from me.

"Well I hope your lady friend doesn't mind you seeing other girls because I set you up on a date."

"Is the girl hot?" He asks causing me to burst out laughing.

"What have you been teaching my son?!" Erica yells from the kitchen, making me laugh even harder.

This little boy is something else! He's been hanging around Rashad and I way too much!

***

"How do I look?" Dashon asks Erica adjusting his jacket, which is identical to the one I am wearing, on his shoulders.

"Adorable!" She chirps grabbing her phone and snapping a picture of him causing Dashon and I to shake our heads.

"It's not cute mom! It's sexy, I look sexy!" He grabs his shades and places them on his face.

"You and Rashad are terrible influences on my baby!" She narrows her eyebrows at me and I reply back by sticking my tongue out at her.

*****

Yeah so I know it's short. I'm sorry I just didn't wanna drag on this chapter too much. Also I decided not to use real names in some cases like Chris' family. The only person in his family who will have their real name in my story is probably going to be Momma J. So what did you guys think about this chapter? I'm not used to writing in a guy's point of view so I'm sorry if this chapter seems awkward or out of place. Oh and another question is would you guys like to have another chapter in Chris' point of view later on in the story? Lemme know if you would. Now onto the serious stuff. I don't know if you all got my message but I made the basketball team and I have practice everyday and a game every Saturday so I don't have that much writing time. :/ Sowwy! Oh AND I can't remember if I made MiMi 2 or 3 so we'll just say she's 3 turning 4 soon. So I'll write a chapter about MiMi's birthday party and stuff later on.

So do you guys want an update? Well you're gonna have to comment and vote for it! Also I would appreciate it if you shares my story! :)