Chapter Thirteen.

It's kind of a weird feeling, staying with Chris I mean. However it's a good weird, I've never been in an environment that is filled with so much love. Sure the family bickers but you can tell at the end of the day that they would take a damn bullet for eachother.

"Chris pass the damn butter! " Erica snaps at Chris from across the kitchen table.

A smirk appears across his face, "What's the magic word my dear sister?"

"Pass the butter to me now or so help me lord I'll -"

"Will both of you shut up? I just want to sit here and have a nice breakfast with pancakes, some bacon and damned grits! Is that too much to ask for? " Momma J snaps at both of them, giving them a look that said she wouldn't mind reaching over the table and giving them something to holler about.

They both hang their head not looking her in the eye.

"I just wanted some butter," Erica mumbles causing me to chuckle to myself.

"Butter is nasty Mommy! It make you fat!" Dashon tells her as if it was completely obvious. That's something I'm starting to understand about D, he's picky when it comes to what he does and does not eat. It took us forever to explain to him that the grease from the pizza at Chuck E Cheese did not clog up his heart, and that he could in fact eat a slice and not die.

"Whatever child,"she tells him rolling her eyes.

"It's hard to believe that you are a day over seven sometimes," Momma J tells Erica shaking her head to which Erica simply sticks out her tongue.

***

"Ari!" Someone shouts from downstairs.

"I'll be down in a second!" I reply back, before finishing up with dressing a freshly cleaned MiMi.

"Come on Baby Girl," I tell her giving her a light kiss on the cheek.

"Ellie? Can you give me a piggy back?" she asks me. Now usually I'd get her to walk by herself but considering the fact that my baby girl looks as is she's going to pass out from exhaustion I comply and we head downstairs.

"It's movie night!" Dashon happily exclaims causing me to look at him completely confused.

"Well considering the fact that you are new to our home I am sure that you have no idea what movie night is. Every Thursday we get together as a family and watch two movies, one that momma picks and the other that the rest of us pick," Erica informs me, grabbing up D and placing him on one of the love seats with her.

"As a family?" I ask my eyes going wide, "well I guess baby girl and I will go back upstairs, it's fine"

It's not Erica or Chris or even Dashon who responds to me, instead it is Momma J.

"Girl of you don't shut the hell up and sit down next to Chris! We are blessed to have you with us, now you are here so you are family!"

Family. Up until now I just thought that it meant that you had similar blood running through your veins, but suddenly I think that there might be more to it than that.

I take a seat beside Chris, placing Baby Girl on my lap patting her on her hip to show her that it is fine for her to go sleep. Chris turns to me with a smile on his face. The thing is that I haven't talked to him all day today, I guess he's going me my space.

"You good?" he questions raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah I'm fine," I reassure him with a soft smile.

"Okay remember what I said, I'm always here if you need to talk."

"Believe me I know."

And with that I reach over and wrap his large hand in my much smaller one. I can't say that it necessarily feels bad either, and the fact that I feel that way kind of scares me.

"Alright you love birds let's keep it PG please there are children present!" Erica teases throwing a pillow across the room at us causing us to finally break eye contact.

***

I watch as the swing set swings back and forth and with every motion there is a nerve racking creak. And then they suddenly stop and I see myself be lifted from the seat. I feel the scream building up in my chest but I can't release it no matter how hard I try.

"Get up Arielle!" he roars roughly shaking me.

Suddenly a bunch of images storm into my mind of my young innocent face scrunched up in pain and then I hear my loud sobs.

"No. NO!" I cry out, springing up in bed panting. I throw the sweat filled sheets off of me only to be reminded by Baby Girl's whimper that she is infact still in bed next to me. So I gently tuck her in and pat down one of her curls that's out of place.

The image of Baby Girl going through what I did makes my heart pound in my chest and tears to well up in my eyes. Realizing that this situation would be a lot easier if I had someone to talk to, I head out of the room and down the hall to the person who made it clear as day that I could talk to them at anytime.

******

There it is people! Took me long enough I know and I'm sorry, I've just got a lot going on this Summer. So I'm starting a new story called 'The Thing About Forever', it isn't a fanfic of any kind but I am actually looking forward to writing it so check it out on my profile.

I also feel the need to say something so that no one thinks any differently. This story is supposed to be a sweet realistic story, so with that being said I hope none of y'all expect them to get down and dirty anytime soon. If you are then you are gonna be hella disappointed. I'm not that type of writer plus Ari has been through a bunch of shit so it makes no sense for her to be up for having sex with Chris. I also really want my characters to develop. Okay so with that being said do your thing and vote, comment and fan! 10 votes and comments for the next update (which I am currently working on now)