THE BURROW

(REALLY LONG CHAPTER)

" what the hell " I say, slightly dazed from me just waking up.

   " wow, the first time you see us in a long time and this is how you greet us " Fred said rolling his eyes playfully.

   " it's not everyday you see a floating car " I remark, rolling away from the window to wake Harry.

   What’s been going on?” said Ron. “Why haven’t you guys been answering my letters? I’ve asked you to stay about twelve times, and then Dad came home and said you both had got an official warning for using magic in front of Muggles—” 

“It wasn’t us, it's a long story—and how did he know?” 

“He works for the Ministry,” said Ron. “You know we’re not supposed to do spells outside school—” 

" says the one with the magic car " Harry replies, now fully awake.

“Oh, this doesn’t count,” said Ron. “We’re only borrowing this. It’s Dad’s, we didn’t enchant it. But doing magic in front of those Muggles you live with—”

“I told you, we didn’t—but it’ll take too long to explain now—look, can you tell them at Hogwarts that the Dursleys have locked me up and won’t let me come back, and obviously we can’t magic ourselves out, because the Ministry’Il think that’s the second spell we’ve done in three days, so..” 

“Stop gibbering,” said Ron. “We’ve come to take you home with us.” 

" right on " I said giving them my signature smile.

" but wait, you can't magic us out " Harry replied, shaking his head.

" Harry, we literally have THE masters of mischief here with us, we'll be out in no time " I remark once more.

" see she gets it " Fred said throwing a rope to me. " tie that to the bars."

" if the Dursleys wake up, we're literally dead " Harry said gathering mine and his stuff.

“Don’t worry,” said Fred, “and stand back.” 

We both moved back into the farther part of the room. I silently hoped we could get away, no problem but knowing our luck, we'd be caught within minutes. My attention was brought back to the current situation when car revved louder and louder and suddenly, with a crunching noise, the bars were pulled clean out of the window as Fred drove straight up in the air. We both ran back to the window to see the bars dangling a few feet above the ground. Panting, Ron hoisted them up into the car. I  listened anxiously, but there was no sound from the Dursleys’ bedroom. Thankfully.

" Get in, " said Ron

" oh hell, we forgot, we have it all locked up in a cupboard, and we cant get out of the room " I say, silently cursing under my breath.

" any of you got a hairpin or something?" I add.

" yeah, I'll go help you get everything " Fred said, and he jumped out of the car, rather nimbly. I have to admit, it felt so nice to be with Fred again, it always felt like an adventure when I was with him. Maybe I liked him, but I wouldn't really know.

I silently thanked him for the hairpin and began to unlock the door. It was a good thing to know, all it took was a hairpin. After I heard it click, I knew we could leave and go get our stuff. " come on let's go " Fred said already walking out of the room.

“So—we’ll get your guys trunks— then we grab anything you need from your room and hand it out to Ron and your brother,” whispered Fred.