Cady Gets A Boyfriend Part 2

"This is a mistake. It's just going to end badly," Niall said, walking over to sit next to me on the sofa.

"It's not going to end badly because you are going to be on your best behavior," I said, turning the page of my book.

"Ha! Mom talks to you just like she does me!" Connor laughed from his spot on the floor in front of the tv. He turned and flashed his smile before turning back around to play his game.

Niall chuckled a bit from Connor's comment but just rolled his eyes. "I don't know, babe. What if he smarts off to me and I have to lay the boy out cold?"

"Niall, the kid is 16 years old. You're not hitting a child," I rolled my eyes.

"Well I won't hit him but I'll hurt him with my harsh words and death stare."

"I'll knock him out!" Connor yelled, not taking his eyes off of the tv.

"Atta boy!" Niall laughed, clapping his hands.

"Dear lord, there will be no hitting in this house. Do I make myself clear?" I asserted, looking at Niall. He turned away as soon as we made eye contact. "Niall James, you will not hit a child, will you?"

"No, darling. I will not hit a child," he smirked.

"Connor James, you will not hit anyone, will you?" I asked, slightly nudging Connor with my foot.

"No, darling," Connor laughed. I chuckled, trying to focus on my book. Niall scooted closer and rested his hand on my thigh while he watched Con play his game.

About ten minutes passed before there was a knock at the door. Niall looked over at me. "It's show time," he whispered.

"Settle down, Beetlejuice," I said, getting up and walking to the end of the hall. "Cady! Anthony's here!" I called.

She poked her head out of her bedroom door, "Can you answer the door? I'm still getting ready. Oh and please make sure dad doesn't do anything embarrassing."

"I can't make any promises," I sighed. I walked over to the door and looked back at Niall. "Niall, please don't scare the kid too much," I pleaded.

"Okay fine," he sighed, sitting on the couch. Connor turned his game off and quickly jumped on the couch beside Niall. He reached over and nudged Niall's leg with his fist. With a smile on his face, Niall gave Connor a quick knuckle touch before he winked, "Just let me do the talking, little man."

I opened the door and was greeted by a rather tall boy, about the same height as Niall. His brown hair was neatly pushed up in a quiff and his blue button up seemed to have been ironed. "Hello, Mrs. Horan. I'm Anthony. Is Cady around?" He smiled, showing his white teeth. The boy was certainly cute. I had to remember to congratulate Cady on her taste in men.

"Hello, Anthony. Cady is still getting ready. Please come in," I said, opening the door for him. He thanked me and walked inside. "She should be ready any second."

Niall stood from the couch and walked over towards us. "Hello, Alex. I'm Niall, Cady's father," he said, extending his hand out.

"Oh it's uh Anthony, sir," Anthony nervously pointed out before shanking Niall's hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

"It sure is. Have a seat," Niall insisted, waking over to the couch. Anthony walked around and sat on the arm chair that was across the coffee table.

"You must be Cady's little brother, Connor," Anthony said, smiling at Con.

"Well I ain't her sister," he quipped, crossing his arms.

Niall laughed to himself and I kicked his foot. "Connor, stop it," I warned. "I'm sorry, Anthony. He has a smart mouth. I think it runs through the Horan side of the family."