Chapter 11

A/N: Unedited, comments and votes and criticism appreciated

Gabe leant back against the railing sipping his beer.  He could see Savannah through the kitchen window, laughing with the ladies. As far as he was concerned she was beautiful, the very light that blazed through the darkness.  But she could very well stay in the kitchen, laughing her pretty little head off.  He had been blindsided by her arrival,  Harris had come out after she arrived and told him she was here.  He had half stepped towards the back gate to leave before he realised she's be pushing him out of his own friends house if he left and that simply irritated him even more.  So he stayed.  Jeff had joined him a few minutes later to hand him the beer and here he remained, staring daggers through the window at the woman that simply knocked his whole world off kilter.

"Are you going to glare at her all day or what?"  Jeff asked when Harris and Dylan left to go inside.

"Why is she here? And why didn't Harris tell me she was coming!"

"According to Mel, they wanted to give her the opportunity to see the 'real' you."

"Give her?" Shit man, she's the bit.."

"Now now, take a breathe." Jeff sighed leaning away from him slightly.  "According to Mel, you didn't exactly adhere yourself to her either."

"According to Mel...??"

"Yes, they had coffee the other day and according to Mel, even though she didn't like you at all she did admit that she may have been the cause of your outburst."

"Well at least she has some sense in that airhead brain of hers."  Gabe Set his beer aside and pushed off the rail to check on the grill that Harris seemed to have abandoned. "Meats ready!"

He hadn't even finished the words when Kellan came through the side gate into the back yard.

"Dude, how do you even do that?" Jeff grumbled as he took in Kellan.  Kellan simply laughed and gave him a bro hug in greeting.

"Hello to you too. Gabe!" He added nodding his way.  Gabe nodded in return and starting pulling steaks off the grill. Absently his eyes drifted back inside to the woman laughing uncontrollably at whatever Dylan was saying.  It grated on his nerves that she could laugh so freely at his friends.

"Ouch, shit!" Gabe pulled his hand back from the edge of the grill and sucked on his finger.  Cursing at his distraction.  Kellan hopped up next to him laughing and slapped him lightly on the back.

"What's so interesting inside that you feel the need to ruin our dinner?" He looked into the kitchen and frose.  'What the fuck is Victoria Leevy doing in Harris's house?"

At the same moment Savannah looked up and out of the window locking eyes with Gabe,  she must have heard Kellan cause the colour seemed to drain out of her as she watched them.

"Who's Victoria Leevy?"  Jeff asked coming up to stand next to them.

"Only one of the hottest woman on the planet!"

"What the hell are you talking about?" Gabe turned to look at him. "That's Savannah!  The woman who nearly tried to kill me!"

He looked back towards the kitchen but Savannah was nowhere to be seen and Harris and Dylan were coming through the sliding back door. 

"I'm telling you now, that woman is Victoria Leevy I would know those eyes anywhere.  Harris how exactly is she in her house." Kellan swung his arm over Harris' shoulder with a grin.

"Man, I think we'd all know if Victoria Leevy was here." Harris laughed.  "How's the meat doing?"

"Hang on, who's Victoria Leevy?" Jeff asked taking the dish full of steaks from gabe and making his way back towards the house.