Chapter 1

An Idea i'm thinking about writing up... let me know if its worth continuing

The air was cool and crisp, with a soft breeze drifting through the leafs of the trees that lined the busy little high street. It felt right, the mood, the atmosphere, the smiles on the faces of the early morning Saturday shoppers.  Savannah let a smile spread over her lips as she weaved a path through the throngs of people, listening to the sound of snow crushing gently under the footsteps of those around her.  Its felt good, this town.  She had made the right decision, she was here to stay, setting down roots so to say.

"Would you look at that!" Savannah felt every hair on her body straighten on edge as the husky male voice bellowed over the deafening roar of Harley's that were approaching behind her and uniformly fell into pace next to her as she walked.  The bellow was quickly followed by whistles and further indecent comments.  Maybe she had spoken to soon...

With a shudder of anxiety,  Savannah straightened her shoulders, pulled her oversized hoodie tighter around her and picked up her pace.  Only to trip over her own feet in her haste.  Catching herself Savannah felt the anxiety turn to panic.  Panic that always accompanied the roar of motorcycles.  Savannah pushed all thought and distraction from her mind and focused solely on placing one foot in front of the other in a calm and steady forward motion.  Without acknowledging the men behind her, Savannah  locked her eyes on her escape and headed straight for the door of the little antique book store, knowing no hardened biker would ever set foot into a place like that.  

To her dismay, the bikers kept pace with her as she hurried along, six of them all jeering and laughing as she did her best to ignore them.  Years of torment gave her an acute ability to decipher the differences between bikes.  Without turning, she could decipher the make and model of each of the six bikes trailing behind her.  Of course that was also knowledge she would gladly forget but alas...

"Come on sweetheart, bend over again and give us a better look." One voice shouted, penetrating her wall of indifference.  Unbelievable! Seems no matter what she did or where she went Savannah couldn't shake them, bikers! It was her timing that sucked the most.  No matter what, bikers drove by, she leaned over a counter, bikers appeared.  The wind caught her skirt, you guessed it, bikers approached.  Savannah had invested a lot of time into dampening down her looks, trying to blend into the background, to be just average.  She had changed her hair, the colour, the style, changed it to the point were she no longer remembered what her natural hair colour was any more. 

When that hadn't worked, she moved onto her clothing, changing her dress style, anything to discourage advances from the opposite sex.  A friend had told her it was her arse, so she had stopped wearing fitted jeans.  When that didn't work another friend suggested it was her breasts, so out went the tight, revealing, cleavage showing tops.  Next it was her legs, out went the skirts.  Currently  her wardrobes consisted of sweat pants and hoodies.  Basically anything frumpy and baggy.

Savannah had switched neighbourhoods and this town was currently the fourth she had moved to in a desperate attempt to get away from the biker scene.  Mera her voice of reason and best friend, logically reminded her that it wasn't just bikers that seemed to have this reaction to her, but rather men in general.  Unfortunately it wasn't the men in cars, bars or on beaches that gave her the petrified tremors that were now coursing through her body.  No, that feeling was reserved solely for bikers.

Without blowing her own horn Savannah knew she was attractive, she had known that practically from birth. Only for her, beauty was a curse!  She had been born a beautiful child, which was curious given that both her parents had been hit really hard with a rather large ugly stick. They had taken one look at her shining teal eyes, tufts of auburn hair and ran straight to the bank.