Cafe Around The Corner and Butterfly Feelings

=UNEDITED=

Elise's POV

*Next day in school*

"So," Dementri started off.

"So," was all I could say back.

We were both sitting next to each other in our desks in math class.

"So, what do you want to be when you graduate?"

"That's actually a really good question. What about you?"

"Well, eventually I'm going to take over my dads real-estate business when he retires and until then, I'm just going to go to school for literature."

"Wow, I never knew you liked literature that much to go and study it."

"Well how could you? You don't talk to me anymore."

I shut up then. I honestly don't know how to respond to that. He damn well knows why I don't talk to him anymore. Or maybe, because he was drunk, he forgot what happened that night.

"Look, if you want to talk about that, then we'll go to that little cafe around the corner after school. And we'll work more on this research thing. Ok?"

"Yeah whatever."

***
*At Cafe*

"Why did you stop talking to me?" Demetri asks while we sit down with our coffees and books.

"Demetri, we had sex. At a party. And we were both drunk. I lost my virginity to my best friend and we were drunk!" I screamed at him but in a whisper tone.

"I didn't know that you lost your virginity," he says looking down.

"Yeah, well I did."

"Elise, I'm sorry. I truly am. I didn't mean for that to happen. You were my first real friend since I've been at this school. You were my best friend. Please Elise, I want you to still be my best friend. Please forgive me," he pleaded.

I sighed, forgiving him of coarse. I mean, what could I do? He is my best friend after all.

"Fine, you're forgiven."

He smiled and came around the table to hug me. I actually forgot how much I missed his hugs.

He backed away, leaving me with a slight frown, and sat back in his seat.

"So how have you been?" He asks.

"Well, considering that my parents divorce is getting them more money than each of them thought, I think I'm going to play the guilt card a lot more than I originally was," I say, a bit sarcastically.

"I had no idea Elise. I'm sorry," he says.

"It's ok," I smile.

"Well, what about college?"

"Well, I want to go to Columbia but I didn't get a letter back yet. But fingers crossed. I really would love to go. It's one of my dream colleges."

"Well that's cool. Now what would you do there. What career would you want to do?"

"Well, you know my grandma? Alyssa Collins? My moms mom."

"Yeah. She created Collins Design on like nothing and is now a billionaire."

"Yeah, well we were talking and she said that she wants me to take over after she retires. So I'd go to school for business and fashion design."

"That's so cool Elise! I'm proud of you," he smiles my way.

"Thanks," I smile back.

"Well hey, I have to get going. I have a," but then he stops as if he didn't want to go in with his statement. But he goes on and says, "Appointment. With my dad. About business. Here, let me walk you to your car," he says, getting up and helping me get up by pulling my chair out and taking my hand.

He's the perfect gentleman, I think to myself.

But he did weird me out about the whole appointment thing.

I shook off my weird feeling and walked outside the door to the cafe with Demetri, his hand on my lower back, and walked to my car.

"Well, I'll see you later tomorrow at school," he said.

"Yeah, and maybe we came eat lunch together," I say, getting in my car and closing the door but having the window open.

"Are you sure your friends would mind?"

"Of coarse not! They love and miss you," I reassured him.

"They don't hate that I took their best friends virginity away?" He asked, surprised.

"They don't know silly."

"Oh ok. Well drive home safely and call or text me when you're home."

"Alright I will," I smiled.

I turned my car on, about to leave.

But then Demetri says, "Oh yeah, and you look beautiful today. Well you do everyday, but especially today," he smiles my way.

I blush and say, "I'm really glad to have you back as my best friend Demetri."

"Most girls would say thanks, but I'm glad to have you back too."

I just laughed and then drove away.

I don't know why, but I have a butterfly feeling in my stomach, something that I haven't had since Luke.

a/n: sorry if this is short :( I'm still updating on my phone too. #alexfromtarget is my life omg.

goal:
votes-50
comments-15