Chapter six

Checking herself on the mirror one last time Kate heard a soft knock at her door,she made her way softly there and opened the door.There she found Christian all dressed up in an expensive Armani suit.

"ready"he asked,his eyes going up up and down hungrily looking at her.she was wearing a sleeveless black dress that  hug her like a glove.

they headed to the stair and christian softly whisper in her ear

"you look hot tonight Kate"

she felt her cheek burning and a shiver down her spine

"Thanks christian"she spluttered,"you don't look so bad yourself".

they made their way to a small boudoir where they found  Liza(Isabella),Stephane,christian's older brother,and his wife linette,and two more guests.

"ah! vous voila enfin, Kate meet Stephane and his wife Linette",liza said and then pointing to the strangers there,"and this his Manon St Yves and her brother Dominique"

"hum ,enchante"said Kate with a strong British accent,blushing profusely

"hello"said everyone politely ,"it's nice to meet you".

Manon went straight to Christian,opening her arms to him,saying

"Christian cheri, cela fait bien longtemps mon cheri,comment as tu peux tu m'abandonner comme cela,dis moi"

she was wearing a scandalous gold dress that had a slit all the way to her waist showing she wasn't weiring any underwear.

christian hugged her back kissing both of her cheeks laughing softly under the disapproving gaze of kate.

why was she feeling down just by the fact that christian was flirting with manon,she,manon,was wearing a gold one shoulder dress,red lipstick,she was a dark beauty but the dress made kate think of her as a gold digger .

she laughed softly attiring Dominique's attention,kate had to admit to herself that he wasn't that bad looking.

he had  piercing green eyes, hair so black they looked dark blue.

he came next to her,asking

"care to share with me what's so funny?"

"nothing interesting,i'm afraid"answered kate smiling warmly to him while feeling the dark gaze of christian upon them.

a maid  came and announced that dinner was served

Dominique offered her his arm  which accepted gratefully since christian seems to be too taken by manon to remember her presence.

she was seated next to dominique,linette and her husband was facing them,christian was the head and Isabella and manon each one by his side.

Dinner was pretty good ,dominique was trying to impress her with his french heritage,leaning next her,whispering sweet words in her ear that was making her smile,laugh or blushing.

Christian was trying his best ignoring them,having to suffer manon's unstoppable chat and flirting,he felt his anger growing every time he saw dominique and Kate 's heads together looking very intimate with each other.

What the hell !!! they only met each other not to long ago and were already acting like they were lovers.

Kate took a look at christian,surprised to see the way he was looking at her and dominique,he look like he was about to murder someone.

Manon put her hand on his arm,distracting him from them,she said something to him and kate saw his eyes flared with something that she couldn't comprehend,she ignored it and returned her attention to dominique.

later after dinner,they went back to the boudoir for coffee.later on manon and dominique made they way out,not before dominique extracted the promise of a date from kate, followed by christian's sister and her husband.

Kate thanked liza for the delicious french cuisine and made her way to her room,leaving christian and his  mother talking to each other.

some time later,after taking off her dress,she put on her pj's ,brushed her teeth and went to bed.

Christian opened her door softly,making sure nobody on the outside heard.he went and stand next to her bed

kate hold her breath trying to act natural ,pretending to sleep.

he laugh softly and said to her

"i know you're not sleeping petite souris"his voice huskier then usual.

"what do you want christian",she asked apprehensively.

"what's the deal between you and that simpleton dominique" he asked his tone getting hard

"what happen between me and dom is none of your business christian"she replied icily

"the hell it's not!!! "he yelled."oh! so now it's dom"

"keep your voice down will you, like i said before it's none of your damn business,now will you please get the hell out of my room"she said getting out of her bed and opening the door to him.

forgetting that her Pj was a really short shot gray pant with the word fuck me writing on the back and and a white tank top,she looked behind her to see what was keeping him from stepping out of her room,she saw him looking at her with that hot,hungry,predator stare again then she remembered what she was wearing and promptly close her arms on her chest.

Christian was like struck  by lightning,time stopped,just by looking at her,the room was full of her sweet strawberry scent.

Roaming his gaze on her body,he felt his blood boiling ,he was hungry,hungry for her,to have her under him,whimpering his name,drinking her sweet essence.

"please christian don't make this harder then it's already is,i'm tired and beside now you got manon to satisfy all of your hunger"she said snapping him out of his trance.

"But i don't want her"he answered,"i want you and you know that"he added sounding like a two year old crying for candy.

"i can't christian,im only here because of the job and honestly the money"she said,"now i will please ask you to leave"

"i will leave for now,kate ,but it's not over between us"he said.

"yeah,whatever"said kate mimicking his tone.

"and one more thing "he said when stepping outside of her room

"what?"asked kate

"you are not going out with ce coureure de jupon called dominique tomorrow."he said arrogantly.

"We will see about that"she said with clenched teeth,then closed her door and went  back to her bed,trying to sleep,only to find out that sleep was long gone,curse you christian DeLacroix she said in the dark,then turn and return in her bed.

christian went down to his study and straight to the bottle of strong brandy on his desk,trying to drink his sorrow away,trying to erase the image of a certaine little elf in a tempting pj....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those who voted thx a lot those who didn't,well thx for spending some of your time reading my book ,hope you like this chapter.