Chapter 9

Travis' POV

We made it to Ryland's territory in 36 hours. I would have ran all the way without stopping, but I knew I had to eat. And with Jim and WIll reminding you that they need to eat every other hour, the lenght seemed longer to me. 

By the time we reached the border, we were met with ten men. They smiled when they saw us and we shifted. Pulling clothes on we shook hands. As they lead us to the house, Jim and Will were talking up a storm with them. I shake my head and look around. I could hear all kinds of wild life in the woods. The closer we got to the house, the harder my heart beat. I could tell that Jim and Will were getting nervous as well. 

We walk through the door and and tall muslced guy steps forward. "I"m Moses, Ryland's TIC. Welcome to the Silver Ghost. Follow me." We nod and fall in line behind him. This is one wolf I would hate to have to fight. We stop in front of a heavy oak door. Moses knocks on it and waits. I breath deep and freeze. I look back at my brothers and notice that they too smell it as well. 

Jim and Will link with me. DUDE, IT SMELLS JUST LIKE PEGGY AND MOM. WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?

i DON'T KNOW. BUT WE'RE ABOUT TO FIND OUT. They nod and Moses opens the door. We step in and look around. I see Ryland behind his desk, and a couple sitting on the couch laughing softly. She looks up and our eyes lock. As her silver blue eyes widen, I find myself fighting to breath. The man beside her, stiffens and pulls her into his lap. I let out a growl which is followed by Jim and Will. Ryland looks up in surprise. The man jumps off the couch and places the girl behind him, crouching in a protective stance. 

I feel my wolf waken and strech. He see's Peggy and smiles. But seeing the guy in front of her, makes him pissed. I fight to keep him at bay. I look at Ryland. "Why do you have my baby sister here?" My voice cold, flat and hard. I could tell by the slight confused look that crossed his face for just a split second he didn't know. I then turned to the guy. Before I could ask him, Ryland speaks. "This is Brice, my Beta. Brice, this is Travis, Jim and WIll McBride." We nod stiffly at each other. Slowly, we relax. 

Peggy comes running out from behind Brice and straight for us. She jumps and hits me, making me fall onto Jim and Will. Her arms wrap around me tightly and I just stand there dazed. She hugs the other two and it hits us finally. We wrap her in a bear hug. We laugh as she kisses our cheeks. Brice didn't like that and he growled at us. Peggy just laughed and looked at him. "Brice, don't growl at my brothers. It isn't nice." Her voice floats out and stuns us. We must have looked like idiots. "You...You talked." Will manages to get out. 

Jim pokes her causing her to laugh. "You're really you. You're not dead." Again she laughs, but not as hard this time. She slips out of our arms and walks back over to Brice. "Brothers, I'm sorry that I let y'all believe I was dead. I honestly didn't know. For a long time after the accident, I couldn't remember my own name. When Leigh started talking to me after the wreck, I thought I was going insane. I almst checked myself into an asylum." She chuckles softly. 

" By the time I was able to remeber everything, I couldn't feel any of y'all through the sibling bond. I tried and tried to contact y'all. I spent a month solide callin each of you non-stop. I thought that something had happened to you." Brice looks at her and they both smile. "I was being pulled north. I didn't know at the time it was because I had to find Brice. I was planning on coming home when he found me."

I look at her. Her hair was a different color, but everything else was the same. She hadn't changed. "So, is Brice your boyfriend?" I ask suddenly, keepin my face straight. Peggy shakes her head. "No Travis. Brice is my second chance mate." I nod and look at Ryland. "So the talk about an alliance was just cover to get us here?"

"No, I really think that we should join forces, especially now since we'll be in each other lives so much." He says nodding at Peggy and Brice. "I agree. Where do I sign." He laughs. "It's nice to finally meet you McBride." 

"You too D'argento." I shake his hand.