Chapter 5

Two Month's Later

Peggy's POV
I groan softly and open my eyes. The pain and flashes of heat that had been with me constantly, is now gone. Sighing in relief, I look around me. Noticing the white walls and the constant beeping from the machine beside me, I realized that I was in a hospital. 

Groaning again, I was just about to roll over and close my eyes, when a guy slowly opens my door and sticks his head in . Seeing that I was awake, a grin forms on his lips, reaching his eyes. He walks in and checks the chart at the foot of my bed. 

"Hello there little lady. It's good to see that you're awake. You gave us a scare for a while. We didn't know if you were going to make it or not, but you pulled through. Can you tell me your name?" He asks as he shines a light in my eyes. I blink and pull back. 

I shake my head no. I cock my head to the side and act like I'm writing. He hands me a tablet and his pen. I'M SARI. I write, thinkin it would be better not to use my real name right now. He smiles at me. "It's nice to meet you Sari. I'm Dr. Edmund Price. Do you know what happened to you?"

NO. WHY AM I HERE?

"You lost control of your car and went flying into a ravine. I'm sorry if this next question upsets up, but I have to ask...Were you trying to kill yourslef?" I give him a look that said "are you completely nuts". He chuckles at me and shakes his head. "I had to ask, regulations you know."

"We did what we could to repair your face. Surprisingly, that's the only part of your body that was injured during the wreck." He hands me a small hand mirror. I slowly put it in front of my face. Staring at the girl looking back at me, my eyes widen in shock. 

"Do you have any family or next of kin that we can call for you?" I nod yes. I have two, no wait, three sisters? I think. No not sisters, cousins maybe. Ugh! Why can't I remeber. Picking up the pen, I write slowly. I CAN'T REMEMBER. 

He nods once. "That's to be expected somewhat. But over time, all of your memories should come back to you."

BUT WHAT IF THEY DON'T? WHAT IF I HAVE A FAMILY OUT THERE SOMEWHERE AND THEY THINK I'M DEAD! 

"Just take it one step at a time. First, we'll get you physically better, then you can work on your mind." I nod and then fake a yawn. Dr. Price tells me goodbye and that he'll be back to check in on me in two hours or so. 

YOU MAY BE HERE DOC, BY I WON'T. I laugh mentally,but stop when I hear another voice in my head. AND NEITHER WILL I. 

WAIT, WHO ARE YOU? I ask a little scared and confused. 

I'M LEIGH. YOUR WOLF.

MY WHAT?!

CALM DOWN LITTLE ONE. I'M YOUR WOLF. YOU ARE A WEREWOLF. I'M LEIGH AND YOUR NAME IS PEGGY, NOT SARI.

THEN WHY CAN'T I REMEBER THAT? I ask. 

YOU HIT YOUR HEAD PRETTY HARD IN THE CRASH. YOU'LL REMEBER WITH TIME. AND I'LL BE HERE TO HELP. She tells me softly. I thank her and climb out of bed. Walking to the closet, I open it and spot my clothes. Pulling them on, I slowly open my door. I see only one nurse at the desk. Crouching, I slowly make my way toward the stairs. Once the door shuts behind me, I start running down them. I don't stop until I'm out of the hospital and on the street. 

Leigh points me north and I set off on a brisk trot. Within an hour, the city is behind me. And all I see in front of me is wide open space. Making my way into the woods, I find a well hidden place to sleep. Lying down and curling into a tight ball, both Leigh and I are asleep within seconds. 

Job's POV

After Peggy accepted my rejection, I ran. I didn't stop until I reached my brother's house just outside of one of our allies territories. Jack had the wolf gene, but for some reason it didn't fully flip on when he was born. He had the strength, speed, sight, smell and hearing of a wolf, but he couldn't change. I knew that he would let me crash for as long as I needed.