Silence is a Ritual

I stood outside of the school, getting down on the ground to shove my binder inside of my bookbag. I was holding a few pieces of unfinished work and homework. Adrian brushes past me, I caught a glimpse of his checkered vans and black slightly ripped jeans. I threw my hand onto his jacket that reached his waist.

"What the!-" Adrian said, almost stumbling back.

He looked down to see his younger sister, me. He got down on the sidewalk pavement along with me. I finished shoving the binder inside of the bookbag, zipping it tightly and lifting myself off of the ground.

"What do you want? I almost fell back there." He said, standing up with me.

"Listen, Persephone and I have English together. During class, she passed me a note on how she thought we could get to the kindergarten."

I added, shrugging so my bag could stay on my back. I was sure about this, she knew more than we did about this stuff, so we had to trust her. I wouldn't say the same about Sadie thought, to think about it I haven't heard from her since Rani went to the hospital last Friday. I look up at the school board beside some flowers and a few bushes.

"20–, October 10th, Thursday."

The sign read—god! Is she sick or something? Hopefully she comes back to school, Christopher must be worried sick about her. Adrian groaned, not wanting to hear about my kindergarten-Phoenix-electi bullshit much longer, but he stuck it out.

"Does she know where it is? Is it here or.." He asked, a confused look on his face.

"Yeah. It's on a floating rock in the middle of no where. It's close to a planet maybe, but it's surrounded by a dome with breathable air." I described, placing the note in my pocket.

As the buses pulled up, we saw Persephone and Rani get on as well. I sat next to Persephone, Rani sitting next to Adrian. The two were also best friends, they did more stuff than me and Adrian did together. Well, that's an exaggeration. Even during family trips and events I take Rani because she's like an extended family to me.

"Can we meet at your house again? We can do the homework later, but I just have something to do." Persephone spoke, hiding her bookbag.

"Oh, sure. My mom doesn't come home until 9, so it's fine by me!" I chuckled.

"Great, great. I'll tell you how we can get to the kindergarten. Maybe we can pick out our weapons." She chuckled along with me.

The ride home was fine. Adrian and I stepped off with our stuff and unlocked the front door to the house. We placed our bags beside the door and started to walk upstairs. Persephone knocked on my door, Rani following her. I ran downstairs, still having my uniform on.

"Basement?" I asked.

"Basement." Persephone and Rani said in sync.

A few minutes passed as we started to set up a small circle of candles and such. Rani went around and lighted them. Persephone had a rug with a symbol on it, I didn't know what I mean't so I didn't question it for now.

"Who will be the first one to step into Persephone's
Dream Portal of doom?" She joked.

"Oh! Oh! Me!" Adrian said, chuckling.

He got up and sat inside of the circle. Persephone threw a green powder on him. I smelt like lemon and cinnamon with a hint of peach.

"Why I must, I do not concern. Doing such is quite a turn. The daylight sky begins to shatter, bring this being a sense of power." Persephone sang, placing down the small book.

Adrian coughed, getting some of the powder in his mouth.

"This tastes absolutely disgus-" He was cut off.

Suddenly, a light in the room came from the circle. It was blinding us, the light was too powerful. An angels voice sang from the light, I continued to close my eyes. Even if Satan himself appeared from the circle, I would still be closing my eyes. Then, it stopped. The angel voice slowly faded away and Adrian was gone.

"Adrian..Adrian? WHERE THE HELL IS HE?!" I asked frantically, turning to Persephone.

"He's in the kindergarten, calm your tits Rina." She giggled.

"Wow..can I go next?" Rani said excitedly.

"Are you kidding me? This dude probably got transported into the Milky Way and you want to go next?" I asked, calming down.

"Know what..I'll go with Rani."' I sighed.

As Rani clapped, I got into the circle. Persephone began to chant and sing again, throwing the powder into us. The light came out of the circle I've again, but this time Persephone jumped in with us. We all screamed in horror, but then there was silence. Adrian was in a flower crown for some reason. There were others here aswell. Adrian waved at us.

"Hey! Come sit down with us!" He yelled from across the garden.

We walked over there. It was beautiful. Decorated chambers, flowers, small water falls, green grass. It was all I ever dreamed of seeing in the real world. I looked up, the space was so empty. It was terrifying to me, but Rani and Persephone couldn't stop looking at it. I looked back infront of me. I then noticed I was barefoot and in a halter top and a long skirt. Our wings were showing, Persephone had multi colored ones, so did Rani and Adrian.

Rani's was Lilac and Pastel Blue, Trust and Kind.

Adrian's was Blue and Green, Brave and Clever.

And Persephone's was Pink and Yellow, Love and Loyalty.

"Hey, my colors were green before. Where are they?" I asked one of the men sitting with Adrian.

"Oh, sorry! Your had to be swapped with your brothers. He's Brave and Clever. Your colors are now  Black and White." He smiled, looking back at me. He then handed all of us flower crowns.

"Thanks you Sir. What does that mean anyway?" I asked, tilting my head I placed the flower crown on.

"Yours means Life and Death." He said, "Not all of them are positive like Persephone's for example, but that still has a good ability." He added on, running his fingers through the soft grass.

"Oh..well, do you know where the electi weapons are? My friend told me about them while we were coming here." I added, looking around.

"They're to your left." He pointed.

"Oh, thank you!" I smiled, standing up, along with the others.

"Sure, no problem, Marina." He waved us off, continuing to make more flower crowns.