10

He's dead.

He should of fled.

You're fucked.

Good-luck.

I sit there infront of my locker, staring at my letter. I've been sitting at my locker for nearly an hour, obviously late to my first class. I've been asked and ushered to go to class but once they've gotten a look at me, they move on. Except one teacher who offered to get my the counsellor or if I needed water. I just waved her off and she shrugged, walking away.

I haven't seen Luke since Friday, nor have I heard from him. That's about four days. What if he did get killed? Surely someone would of told the school and the school would of announced it. Atleast to those who are close to him.

Maybe his family hasn't found him yet. Maybe his body is lost within the trash and his blood like normal stains and the scent of it just blends in with the rest of the house.

I wipe my eyes and frown at the stain of black on my finger. What do I do? Do I go over?

I guess I'll fix my face first.

I pull myself up from my locker slowly and walk with my head low to the nearest washroom. When I walk in, the lights automatically turn on and I'm grateful no one else is in here.

I reach the mirror and look at my reflexion. I'm slightly shocked that there's no Y O U ' R E  D E A D written on the mirror or anything like in most horror movies.

At what point did my life turn into a cheesy horror movie? That's it, just a cheesy horror movie.

I should go check on Luke just to be safe...

-

"Hello?" A small, fragile lady answers the door, her head just barely showing from behind the door.

"Is Luke here?" I ask.

"Oh, uh..." She closes the door and I hear rustling. I had asked Luke friend whom the appartment belonged to from the date friday and this is what he said. I hope it's that right one or else I'll feel awkward.

I continue to hear rustling and bustling till the door flies fully open. I try not to react but I can still see a big pile of junk behind her which she tried to probably clean before opening the door. I just stare at the flowerly old lady dress she's wearing.

"You're his lady-friend, yes?" She asks and I shrug, trying to play it off. "You're the girl he's shown sudden interest in."

"I suppose." I bit my lip. "Is he home?"

"Oh!" She turns around and looks into the room beside her. "I think he just left. Actually, I'm shocked you didn't run into him." She shows me a toothless smile.

"Where'd he go?"

"He said something of a gun show!" She shoves her hands into the pockets of her dress. "My husbands gonna meet up with him wHEN HE WAKES UP FROM HIS NAP!" She raises her voice, obviously trying to wake him.

"He's been missing school, and stuff." I say, trying to get some sort of answer out of her.

"Didn't you see him last night?" She changes the subject.

"No?"

"Oh." She shrugs and backs away from the door. "He told me he went to your house last night." And with that, she closes the door and more rustling happens.