Chapter- 19 Apologies

◆Daniel's P.O.V. ◆

"I expect these papers to be filled out by the end of the day. They're necessary for the contract we have with the neighboring pack. Make a copy and lock the original one in the document safe," I ordered.

"Yes, Alpha," Derrek responded as he took the papers from my hands and left.

Chloe. What a fucking prick I was with her. I ran my hands down my face in frustration. I was blinded by fucking jealousy and treated her like crap. My wolf and I knew she wasn't lying with that phone call, but that didn't calm me down. Just the thought of someone else having her in their arms, made me want to tear them apart. Well, I mean, I did kind of tear her phycotic exboyfriend apart back at the clearing. 

I didn't expect for someone to have me wrapped around their finger so soon, but somehow, she managed to do so and there was no going back.
There are just so many things I want to tell her, but what if she fucking hates me right now? She probably sees me as the fucking asshole I am. I need to go apologize to her right now. As I opened the upstairs office door, I heard my Chloe and Nathaniel talking.

"So, babe," I heard Nathaniel start. "There's this place downtown I want to take you to." What the fuck?

"That sounds interesting..." I heard Chloe reply. Oh no she fucking didn't.

"You bet," he said.

"What should I wear?"

"I would prefer nothing, but something casual yet fancy. Nothing expensive, your clothes will end up on the floor anyway," he responded in a deeper voice. My wolf started growling. It was taking every strength I had to not run and jump on my own brother. "What do you say, babe?"

"ABSOLUTELY FUCKING NOT!!" I roared as I marched downstairs. My glare was directed at Nathaniel, who visibly shook in fear. "She belongs to me and I fucking warned you about it," I growled. I felt a soft, warm hand on my chest, causing it to instinctively relax. She had so many fucking effects on me.

"Stop," I heard her whisper beside me. "We need to talk. He's only doing this because I asked him to." I looked down at my innocent mate.

"Is this what you do? Flirt with guys back in your old pack and even here with my own brother?" Words rushed out of my mouth before I even thought of them. Her expression made me mentally punch myself.

"You know what, Daniel? Just because you have a dick, doesn't mean you have to act like one. I am fucking tired of your attitude and you need to change that. We're going no where and we won't have anything if you don't trust me. Stop giving me shit, I'm you're mate and you need to respect that." Her voice became softer,"There is no one else but you Daniel. Why can't you see that? Yeah, I admit it was my fault and a very idiotic move for lying to you about asking about my 'boyfriend', but it was only because I was jealous and hurt. You actually went as far as having sex with someone else and- it hurt, Daniel. I'm sorry for talking to you this way and disrespecting you too, but I needed you to understand me." Her words surprised me. I wasn't going to admit it to her, but she made curse words sound... nice, as weird as that sounds. Taking her beautiful face in my hands, I stared deeply into her green orbs.

"No, Chloe, I'm sorry. I fucking love you and I'll be damned if I lost you for my stupid actions. I was stupid and made a lot of mistakes to which I regret and will keep as a burden for the rest of my life, but you... You aren't a mistake or a burden and I was a huge asshole for treating you like that. It won't happen again, I promise. Will you forgive me, Chloe?" My lips brushed gently against hers.

"Yes." And that was all it took for my awaiting lips to meet hers.

"Wow," I heard Nathaniel say. "That's my girl." Like hell she isn't.

My lips reluctantly left hers, I wasn't about to give my brother a show for him to enjoy.

"Nathaniel, please get out," I said as I looked up to look at him.

"Uh- No. This is pretty amusing to wa-" my glare cut him off. "I think Linda is calling me." With that, he left and I turned my attention back to my mate.

"Let's take this upstairs." She responded with a smile and I couldn't get upstairs fast enough.

Her lips were already on mine as we opened and closed our bedroom door. I grabbed her thighs and lifted her up, her legs wrapping around my torso as I trapped her body against the door. I felt her fingers intertwine with my hair as I pressed my lower half with hers. A soft moan escaped her lips when I slipped my hand up her shirt while invading her mouth with my tongue. She slowly moved her hips in a circular motion and I growled in approval. My hips started moving with hers and I heard her gasp at the pleasure it caused. She unattached her lips from mine and tilted her head up, allowing me to lick over her mark. My lips left a trail of kisses from her lips to her now bare shoulders. A low moan escaped from my lips when she moved her hips with more pressure onto mine.

"We need to stop if you want to be able to walk tomorrow," I said in a strained and hoarse voice. She gasped and I gently put her down. We were both catching our breath with our foreheads pressed against one another.

"I love you, Chloe."

"I love you, Daniel."