Chapter 18- Frenemies

I sat outside on the bench under the biggest tree, wiping away the traitor tears. Swinging my legs back and forth while looking up at the sky with closed eyes, I tried to erase Daniel's rejection, but it only hurt more.

"What's wrong with you?" Linda's voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Nothing," I said as I harshly wiped my face.

"Girl, I may not like you, but you're my Luna and I'm also a female. Which means, that I might understand your feelings... so spill bitch," she said as she took a seat next to me. I took a deep breath and slowly exhaled to calm my breathing a bit.

"Daniel thinks I have a boyfriend who I still keep in contact behind his back and he is turning away from me. He's such an idiot..." I breathed out.

"I see..." Linda started. "Well, in my point of view, you can do one of two things. You can either fuck him-"

"Wha-"

"Or you can make him jealous." I turned to look at her with interest as to what she had to say.

"You have my attention..."

"It's easy. You flirt with another guy and Daniel will realize what a big dumb-ass he's being and he'll come running right to you," she finished.

"Why are you doing this? I thought you hated me..."

"Yeah. I still do, but... you're not as bad as I thought you were and I know how being rejected feels like." For once, I felt empathy for Linda.

"I'm sorry," I softly spoke.

"It's not your fault, bitch," I could tell she called me that in a twisted friendly way and I smiled.

"Are you sure it's going to work?" I asked hesitantly.

"Of course it's going to work, but you need to also be a bitch," she said.

"How?"

"Well, don't be nice and instead you turn away from him."

"Oh, okay."

"Now all we need is someone you can flirt with."

"But who?"

"Chloe! My secret babe, I've been looking all over for you!" Linda and I made eye contact with a smirk in acknowledgement as Nathaniel came closer.

"Nathaniel, I need a huge favor from you," I said.

"Woah, babe. I would have wanted dinner first, but if you're ready, I'm not one to complain," he said with a wink.

"No, ew. Really Nathaniel?" Linda rolled her eyes and smacked his arm.

"Oh, you want to join in? Wow, Chloe, I never took you for the kinky type, but don't worry... I like it," Nathaniel smugly replied with a wink and a smirk.

"Would you stop thinking sexually for a second and listen to me?" Linda interrupted.

"Okay, fine. What do you want?"

"We need you to help Chloe, make Daniel jealous," Linda explained. Nathaniel turned to look at me with an are- you- crazy-? expression.

"Did you not hear him warning me about pulling something on you just today?" He asked.

"Please..." I begged and I made sure to use the puppy-dog eyes. He sighed and ran his hand over his face.

"What's in it for me?" He finally asked.

"Chloe is going to flirt back with you," Linda offered.

"It's the only time that's going to happen," I butted in.