Because You're you

A few days after confessing their feelings for each other, Pekoe and Alex found themselves in a familiar situation.

"So what do you want to do when we make port Pekoe?"

"W-Well uh..." Pekoe stuttered, lowering her head in embarrassment.

"What is it?~" Alex said with a smile as he lifted Pekoe's head by her chin with his hand.

"Well I was wonder if we could g-go to that amusement park again..."

Alex's expression then changed to one of surprise as the smile on his face grew.

"B-But if you don't want to then-" Pekoe started frantically, stopping when Alex cut her off.

"I'd love to~ After all we've never been as boyfriend and girlfriend before~"

"Y-Yeah... T-That's what I was thinking~" Pekoe responded with a wide smile, most of her anxiety washing away as she realised her suggestion wasn't terrible.

---Timeskip---

As the pair approached the entrance to the amusement park once again, Pekoe let out a loud gasp as she felt Alex's hand intertwine with hers.

"W-Would you like me to let go?" Alex asked shakily, not wanting to do anything that made her uncomfortable.

"N-No! Not at all!" Pekoe replied quickly, instinctively gripping Alex's hand tightly.

Upon realising what she'd done her face turned bright red as she felt Alex gently pull her towards the entrance.

As they went inside Pekoe glanced over at the Ferris Wheel. Seeing this, a smile formed on Alex's face as he spoke.

"Would you like to go on there again?"

"A-Ah... Y-Yes I would actually... I-If you want to of course!"

Alex then let out a small chuckle as he pulled Pekoe towards the ride as a gondola arrived for them to board.

As they got inside Pekoe quickly slid into the seat next to Alex, getting so close that their shoulders were touching. Which caused both of them to start blushing profusely.

As the gondola started to climb Alex looked outside at the view to try and calm his anxiety.

"I-It's a nice view isn't it Pekoe?"

"Y-Y-Yeah v-very nice~" Pekoe stuttered in response as she gripped his arm tightly, while forcing herself to look at the ground.

"Pekoe it's fine, we're not going to fall~" Alex said as he started to stand up.

"D-Do you p-promise?..." Pekoe muttered , still gripping his arm tightly.

"I promise. Now come and check out this view~"

"O-Okay..." she softly replied, shakily raising to her feet, refusing to let go of his arm.

"See, it's not so bad~" Alex said as he gestured with his free arm.

"I-It's amazing~" Pekoe responded with wide eyes, so mesmerized by the view that she let go of Alex's arm and rested her hands on the side of the gondola.

(Alex in head) "She's so cute when she gets like this~"

She then continued to look all over, enjoying the view so much she'd forgotten her fear of heights. Or rather, almost had...

A violent gust of wind the shook the gondola from one side to the other, reminding Pekoe why she was so afraid before.

She let out a loud gasp and felt tears well up in her eyes as she realised how high up she was."I-I... I..." She muttered unable to speak.

"It's alright Pekoe~" Alex whispered in her ear as he wrapped his arms around her stomach, holding her tightly.

Pekoe let out another gasp, but this time felt her face turn red.

"Y-You..."

"I won't let anything happen to you~" He whispered again, softly rubbing his head against hers.

"E-Eh... P-Please d-don't let go..." Pekoe stuttered softly, a small smile forming on her lips.

"I won't~"

---Timeskip---

After their little 'moment' on the Ferris Wheel, both Pekoe and Alex had been too embarrassed to look each other in the eye. They simply walked around the park hand in hand silently.

(Alex in head) "I don't know what came over me, I guess I'm bolder than I used to be..."

(Pekoe in head) "No one's ever done anything like that to me before... It felt strange but also, good?..."

Eventually their aimless walking led them to a small boardwalk area that overlooked the ocean, and as they reached it Alex finally broke the silence between them.

"W-Well I really enjoy today~ What about you Pekoe?"

"I-I did too~ W-We should do stuff like this more often..."

"I'd really like that" Alex responded with a genuine smile.

"So would I~"

Alex then tentatively stepped towards Pekoe and put his arms around her, pulling her slightly towards him. Pekoe looked up at him with a blushing face and muttered, "I... I'm really glad you're my boyfriend..."

"So am I~" Alex replied as he leant down and planted a kiss on Pekoe's lips, causing her to gasp in surprise.

"I love you for so many reasons Pekoe, but most of all, I love you because you're you~"

---The End---