couldn't lose you. still can't.

in which her beauty is ten times more illuminated by the twinkling lights of their bedroom, rather than her phone screen.

there was something there.

music, maybe.

quiet music of some sort playing in the background; cameron could just barely distinguish melodies and notes from the soft silence encasing the room.

oh, it was that duo his lovie talked about, with stars in her eyes and an awed gasp between her lips.

oh wonder, he thinks that they're called.

but it really didn't matter anyway; the true wonder in this room in this moment in time was her, and her only. the scene was truly gorgeous— how her soft skin pressed against his own and how he could feel the warmth of her body enveloping his.

it was sort of dark—his love had an appreciation for gentle glittering lights that subtly illuminated the room and caressed her cheeks with a glow—and cameron could still make out her figure but not the smallest of details he'd always fawn over in the broad sunlight in the mornings. their heads were fuzzy and blurry; they were both a bit tipsy off of the entire bottle of wine they had with dinner. cameron could still feel the gentle sway of her hips against his as they danced—more so stumbled—around their living room, cameron's red stained lips murmuring compliments in between their kisses and giggles.

but now he was watching as she traced small shapes on his chest from where she was straddling his hips, fingertips dragging gently against his skin. at this point, cameron wasn't even focused on trying to decipher the pictures that she was drawing with the pads of her soft fingertips, no, he was focusing on the breathtaking woman on his lap who had made a home in his heart. he was absolutely taken aback at how alluring she always looked, eyes glowing and eyelashes fanning down at her cheekbones, lips parted slightly in concentration, the soft white lights casting a dim glow across her skin.
she was utterly, absolutely, beautiful

"you're cheating."

the voice came from in between pouted lips that were plump and pink, her tone of voice accusatory and peeved.

"i can see your eyes are open; they're supposed to be closed."

the feel of her soft fingertips disappeared from his skin like a spirit, lifting away as his eyes fluttered completely open, lips quirked into a small smirk. despite her pouting, she had quite the fond look on her face— as her arms crossed over her bare breasts and her stomach rolled into itself as she sat back on his hips.

"you're ruining my game."

his smirked deepened, finding enough energy to lean up on his elbows and to pucker his lips against her unmoving ones. he snickered when she didn't kiss back, upper body flopping back down as his arms folded under his head.

"keep on goin', angel. i won't cheat."

"promise?"

"yes, i promise."

she smiled accordingly and, giddy, adjusted herself on his hip bones. she sighed happily and continued her faux drawing, humming gently to the song still spinning in the background. she liked these moments. when they were home, all alone, away from screaming fans and producers and managers and everyone else—of course cameron loved it, and she admired it, but—

she liked how they could lie together and let all that fade away, even for just a moment.

she liked when cameron grew out his hair and it turned darker, and longer, and even curlier, tendrils framing at his temples and forehead; and when his jaw was sharper and covered in stubble and his lips were smiling gently, genuinely; no trace of a false, clean-cut appearance for the cameras.