ch 8

*** 2 weeks later ***

I haven't talked to anyone besides Violet for the past 2 FREAKING WEEKS.

I am almost fully healed and the bruises are all gone. It is still painful doing things like stretching and running but hey, I'm getting there.

School is tomorrow and since I look presentable again, I can go! Never thought I'd say this but. I actually missed going to school.

I know, shocker right?

I am at home, alone. My body is wrapped in a towel along with my hair. I am sitting on my bed with a face mask on.

All I did most of the 2 weeks was to stay home alone and draw. So not fun.

I only went out once and that was just another check-up at the doctor's.

It's about 5 in the evening and I am waiting for my mom to get off work.

She owns 5 businesses so she is always running around the town. One of her buildings is in New York City. Lucky.

I definitely look up to that woman.

Anyways, I am now looking for pajamas along with clothes for school tomorrow. I don't know why but I feel like I should really show up looking good to show Meredith off.

I am not letting her mess around with me anymore. Putting my mom and Violet through that is never going to happen again.

I change into a big t-shirt and spandex.

As I was combing my hair, I heard something outside of my window and my head darts up.

I always have the knife, my dad gave me when I turn 15. I take it out of my nightstand drawer.

I peek outside the window and see someone standing out there with their hands in their hoodie and the hoodie on their heads.

Oh hell no. Not today.

I hide behind my curtain as I keep looking through the window so the person won't see me. They start walking towards the front door. FUCK.

Then I hear knocking on my front door. I look up and close my eyes "Jesus, I don't want to die today so if you love me, you won't let that happen." I practically begged.

I slowly walk downstairs. It's dark, the only light on was my bedroom light. I grab my phone in my hand and turn on the flashlight.

I am in front of the door.

I silently do a prayer. I look through the peephole and I am beyond shocked to see who it was.

I unlock it slowly and there he is.

"Asher?"

He laughs. "Seriously Anastasia? You thought I was a killer or something?" 

"Who wouldn't think that? Look at you, your hands are in your pocket, hoodie on and it's black. So do not ask that because yes I thought you were."

I said keeping in a laugh because I know I looked stupid holding a knife.

He looks at me and observes me. I don't mind this time, it's dark out and he can't see anything. I observe him too. The street light is lighting his eyes up.

A few moments later. "Oh, come in, it's freezing," I say opening the door more.

"Want anything to drink or eat?" He nods his head no. I go into my kitchen and turn on the lights.

He sits on the island stool. I put my hair up in a messy bun and take the front pieces out. "Well, I am making hot chocolate and you are having it whether you like it or not." He nodded and chuckled.

After the making of the hot cocoa, I pour them into mugs and sit in front of him on the other side of the island.

Moments passed and no one has said anything. He looks like he is thinking about something that makes it look like he is getting angrier each minute.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5 almost 6 minutes pass.

He slowly brings his gaze to me. He blinks 3 times. "Are you okay?" I ask concerned.

"I should be asking you that." I hum.

"Well, I am okay. Are you?" He doesn't answer. I take a sip of my hot chocolate. "So, um," I say trying to think of what to say. "How was your day?"

Seriously Ana? Are you stupid? "How was your day?" Really?

I mentally slap myself in the face. "It was like every other day." I nodded and looked down fidgeting with my fingers. I'm nervous.

My phone rings. Mom? "I'm sorry," I say and he just nods. I walk into the living room.

"Mom, hey what's up?"

"Hey sweetie, I am going to be out for a few days. I met this guy and he is really sweet Ana, I think we might be hitting it off."

Is she fucking serious right now? What about dad? Ryder even. Did she forget about that?

I tear up. Keeping myself from breaking down.

"Okay, well just remember Dad and Ryder while you have the time of your life with other men,"  I say with my voice cracking.

"Wait Ana I know you might not agree with-"

I hung up and threw my phone. It is broken.

Taking a deep breath I tell myself "just smile till the nights over Ana."

I smile and turn around about to make my way to the living room. I stop.

I could feel my heart fall out of my ass when I saw Asher standing at the entrance of the living room. I flop on the couch.

He saw everything.

I put my face in my hands and try my best not to cry. I felt the couch get lower so I know Asher sat down next to me. "I'm sorry," I say.

"Why are you sorry?" He asks. "I don't really know.'' He shrugs and leans back.

"Why are you here Asher?" I ask.

He looks at me with a blank face. "I just wanted to see if you healed. Looks like you have so I will leave now." He says.

''Also don't tell anyone I was here." He says coldly and harsh.

It was almost terrifying hearing him say how he did. So slow and calm but deadly almost. Like he had just flipped a switch that turned off his feelings and emotions.

I all of a sudden feared Asher Johnson.

My eyes only head fear. His face went held a different emotion for just a second then back to emotionless. He then walked out and slammed the door.

My stomach is turning. Next thing you know I am on my hands and knees throwing all of what is inside of me up. I got so dizzy.

Asher storms in "I forgot my phone." He said through gritted teeth.

He headed towards the kitchen. He didn't see me thank God.

"Holy shit." He says. He runs to me and kneels down rubbing my back and holding my hair. "No no no please go away."

He doesn't listen.

I get up and go to my bathroom. He follows me. I almost fall over but I held onto the table for more support.

I spit in the toilet then take an extra toothbrush from the drawer and brush my teeth. When I am done I throw it away because ew. I put both hands on my counter. I take a deep breath.

You're okay Ana. It's okay. Everything is okay. I mentally say.

I try walking but I keep half falling. "Jesus Christ," Asher says.

He carries me and at this point, I am so weak I can't even carry myself up and keep my eyes open.

He walks up the stairs. "Which is your room." I barely point to my door. He opens it and lays me down in my bed. My eyes are closed but I can feel him putting my blankets over me.

After that, my mind went blank.

--------

So Asher isn't THAT bad?