Chapter 2: On Ice!!

You and Katsuki spend a lot of time in your workshop after reconciling.

You adapt to him quickly, and he accepts you unconditionally. It's like he was always meant to be there and you eventually suppose that it's because you're soulmates. Katsuki is patient when it seems like you've lost your voice, and he lets you change topics as you please whenever you're beginning to feel uncomfortable. You know that Katsuki's sharp, and you presume that he's figured out that you find it distressing to discuss certain aspects about yourself. You're grateful for the subtle measures he's taken to make sure you feel relaxed around him, but you'll never thank him out loud, knowing he'd just deny it like the stubborn boy that he is.

Now, it's gotten much harder to get him off your mind in the moments in which he isn't by your side. It's hard to forget the many stolen glances and brushed fingers and the barely-there space between your bodies when you sit next to each other that never fails to make your heart race. It's also much more challenging to keep your mind from wondering about the things that make up who he is. Now that you have the answers to all those burning questions from the time you were apart, you have a million more questions that need answers. It's one of those very burning questions that bring you to your current conversation, held in the cozy confines of your workshop.

"Take me with you then!"

He deadpans, "Hah?"

"Take me on one of your hiking trips then! I wanna know what you like about 'em so much!" You say with a childish gleam about you.

"If I take you with me during this time of year, you'd probably end up killing yourself or some dumb shit like that." Just as quick as it came, your frivolous glow vanishes.

"Oi, quit fucking pouting, you brat!" He chastises at the sight of your indignant expression. "I'll take you when it starts to warm up, I promise."

A smile finds its way onto your face at the future prospect.

Since it's a Friday evening, the two of you take advantage and hang out for a few more hours than usual. Once the outside world begins to darken, however, he insists on you both getting back to your dorms. The walk back to your respective places was filled with a tranquil quiet; the only sound to be heard was the noisy crush of snow beneath your shoes and the heavy huffs of hot air escaping your mouth. Katsuki walked with his shoulder touching yours, and you welcomed the extra warmth. He leaves you at your door with teasing ruffle of your hair, and you bid him goodnight.

Unlike most other instances, you don't fall asleep immediately that night—your thoughts seem to keep you awake, and of course, they're about your soulmate. You think about how many of the little things you've noticed from the amount of time that you and Katsuki spend attached at the hip. You think of his hair and the unexpected softness to it, despite the unkempt look of it; you think of his eyes and the subtle hint of orange in them, a colour which you purposefully added to his suit so that the two now match; you think of the pliable skin of his hands and the way they leave static against your own when the brush against each other.

As if on cue, your phone vibrates with a message from the very same boy who was currently darting from corner to corner of your mind.

Are you awake?

You respond quickly. Yeah what's up

Meet me at the front gates at 18:00 tomorrow. Wear gloves.

Your heart starts to race a little bit like it always does whenever Katsuki is involved. Part of you wants to question what he has planned, but the other part wants to leave it a surprise. You struggle back and forth for a bit, before ultimately coming to a decision.