Chapter 2: No

Chapter 2:No.

Three days passed quickly and at the end of those three days an alarm sounded in the building which stated the second part of the exam was over.

“Naru come on, we gotta go.”Sasuke said, she pushed out of bed wincing in pain, she sighed and pulled her shoes on and got up slowly and walked down with her team, her ankle pretty much all healed up, but she was still in pain from in the forest of death, she sighed and they were led into a large auditorium, they stood in line, Naru stood in front with Sasuke and Sakura behind her, she looked over and team 8, 10, Gai's team, the sound team, the sand team and Kabuto's team stood there.

7 teams in total had made it to the tower, Sarutobi stood in the front with the jounin of the teams, Ibiki, Anko, a few chunin stood waiting silently.

“First of all, congratulations on passing the second exam!”Anko said and smirked. Out of 78 ninja's only 21 to make it so far, I knew I'd cut them down.... but I was expecting single digits....she thought and sighed.

Now the only problem was the amount left, there were far too many ninja's to continue on through the rest and they decided to have a preliminary round to shave the numbers down to hopefully single digits.

“We will start the preliminary rounds now!”

“What!?”they murmured and complained.

“There are simply too many of you to compete in the third exam, we have many people coming from all around that can't just sit through all your matches.”Sarutobi said.

“May I explain now Hokage-sama?”a jounin said stepping forward, he nodded. “At this point in time, if any of you wish to quit you may do so now.”he said.

“Why now?!”Kiba yelled.

“From this point on, being a team is not required..”he said. “So if you wish to quit now, you may....”he said.

They began to murmur quietly but no one raised their hands to quit, the jounin nodded.

“Alright then, my name is Hayate, and I'll be the proctor, it's my job to start and end the fights, I will step in once the fight is over, by a knock out, or the fighter is unable to continue on...”he said. “The matches will be randomly selected.”he said and jestured to the side, a large screen came out. “Everyone please move to the sides.”he said, they murmured and slowly walked up the side, Naru sighed slowly sat down and wincing in pain, she set her head on the bars and shook.

A hand touched her shoulder making her jump and turn, Kakashi knelt by her, she moved her shoulder until he removed his hand.

“Are you okay?”he asked, she nodded a little not looking at him. “Naru?”
“I'm fine.”she snapped and sighed, he stood up but stayed next to her, his leg next to her, she sighed and almost leaned against him wanting the comfort but didn't want to draw attention to her.