Chapter 8

Liam's POV:

My heart breaks when I hear my beautiful daughter saying she's not worth the things we bought for her. She's worth everything and so much more. I look at the lads and they all have the same sad expression I have. We slowly move closer to her, feeling the need to hold her but she quickly backs away further.

"Please baby... Can you please look at us?" I say sadly.

She doesn't move a muscle so I grab her and places her in my lap, ignoring all of her protests.

"Let me go" she cries desperately.

"Shh baby girl, it's okay we just want to help you" Harry whispers and grabs her left hand.

After a while, she finally calms down and her breathing is back to normal. As usual, she lowers her head and doesn't meet our eyes.

"Sophie, look at me" I say a little stricter.

She slowly raises her head again and looks me deep in my eyes with her big green ones, which are now full of shame and fear.

"You don't have to be afraid, we just want you to look at us when we talk to you, okay?" I say softly.

"Okay" she answers weakly.

"Now I know you don't believe us when we tell you this but could you please try to do so because all we say is true" I say and kiss her head.

"Sophie, you are worth everything. We know people in your past hasn't shown you that but we will try our best, every day for the rest of our lives. That's how much we love you and we're not going to bring you back to the orphanage as the others did. When we adopted you we agreed on being your dads, your family and family doesn't turn their backs on each other, at least not in this family. So that means you're stuck with us, we're never leaving you honey" I say, pouring all my love for her in my voice.

Sophie looks me straight in the eyes as if to see if I'm playing a trick on her.

"Just let us in baby girl" Harry says and kisses her cheek with teary eyes.

I look at Zayn, Niall and Louis and they all have tears in their eyes, just like Harry.

Sophie's POV:

I can see how they're all emotional now but I have to be strong and not cave in. I have to say though, Liam came up with a good speech but I don't trust them fully yet. I've only been here for two days after all. I don't know what to say so I just nod at Harry who's looking at me hopefully.

"How about we all watch a movie?" Louis says, trying to lighten up the mood.

"Sounds good, what do you think honey?" Liam asks carefully.

"Okay" I answer with a small smile.

"What's your favorite movie?" Niall asks excitedly.

"Uhm Finding Nemo" I say a little embarrassed.

"That's my girl" Liam says proudly.

"You like it too?" I ask relived.

"Like it? He loves all Disney and Pixar movies" Harry chuckles.

"Hey, they're good movies" Liam defends.

We go down to the living room where they have the biggest TV, well the others walk Harry insists on carrying me. Niall and Louis take one couch, Zayn lays flat on another and Liam and Harry sits next to me on the couch in the middle. Since I love Finding Nemo I'm very focused on the movie and doesn't notice Zayn staring at me with a smile. When the movie ends I look around and see all the boys looking at me with goofy grins.