Chapter Two

Chapter 2:

It was Aunt Hilda's idea that we be sent to a mortal school. She believed in the fundamentals of a classical education and that if we were to go on living parallel to the mortals we needed to know their ways and keep up with their customs. So that placed us at Baxter High. A complete hell hole- and not the good kind. It was my senior year, thank satan, but Sabrina was barely even getting started. "Nicole!!" I smirked, "Sabrina, it isn't even first period. What trouble have you got for me this time?" My cousin storms up her boyfriend in tow. "It's Suzy, Nicole!" I frowned picking an invisible piece of lint off my jacket, "your friend who's in love with me?"
"Yes- but that's not the point! Nicole, some troglodyte football players decided to pull up her shirt! Not only that, Principal Hawthorn will do nothing! We have to fix this. I need you and Harvey to ask around and see what you can find out and I'll do the same." Her beau spoke up finally, "They'll most likely close ranks, especially on someone who isn't on their bull shit team." I smirked to myself. Oh, Harvey if only you knew how easily I could have them on their knees spilling their deepest darkest secrets... or begging for mercy. "We have to do something, Harvey. This can't keep happening!" He shook his head, "I'm just saying-" Sabrina cut him off, "That there's no way to protect Suzy? Is that what everyone is telling me?" I pondered the idea. Spying on mortal boys? No thank you. Granted I did feel bad for her friend and the small minded male population of Baxter High could use a wakeup call... "Not. At. All." My heart leapt into my throat and the whole world started spinning. It was in that moment that I had met my downfall. We were so busy wrapped up in the ongoing conversation that no one had noticed the sultry woman who had just sauntered up, "Perhaps I can be of assistance?". Sabrina crinkled her nose, "Ms. Wardwell?..." I swear Harvey's jaw hit the floor. The breathy "Yes.." that fell from her lips struck me in the heart. She raised her eyebrow in my direction, "Ms. Spellman, are you alright?" I can only imagine the mess I must've looked as I composed myself and gathered what dignity I had left, "I- I'm fine Ms. Wardwell. Just helping my cousin with her dilemma." Sabrina shot me a knowing look. It wasn't in my nature to be "helpful" certainly not when it came to mortals, but if it got me more time with the woman standing in front of me it was worth it. "Perhaps we should continue this conversation in my office, hm?" Sabrina nodded determinedly, "Absolutely."

It was a long conversation that consisted mostly of toppling the white patriarchy and putting a halt to Hawthorne's tyranny, which are all things I could care less about- but the person whose thoughts they were, had me captivated. Her words dripped with honey and suddenly I was ready to go to war for a woman I had only taken interest in moments before. So it was in Ms. Wardwell's office we devised Sabrina's masterful plan that would ensure her friend's safety after she transferred to the academy. As the bell rang we both gathered our things to leave, "Ms. Spellman, might I have a moment?" I watched as Sabrina breezed out the door shooting me a knowing smirk. "Of course Ms. Wardwell what can I help you with?" She leaned against her desk eyeing me carefully, "I can't help but notice you've been doing exceedingly well in your studies. Straight A's, Honor roll, and rumor is you're up for class valedictorian..." I rolled my eyes, oh Ms. Wardwell if only you knew. After my cousins dark baptism, when she finally signs the book of the beast and transfers to the Academy of unseen arts I would finally be rid of this place. No more mortal highschool for this Spellman. The corner of her mouth twitched into the slightest of smirks, "Principal Hawthorne has informed me that this year you have a free period. Seeing as you excel in social studies, I was wondering if you might assist me with my seventh period?" I considered it for a moment, with only a week left it was pointless to take on such a task but saying yes would merritt more time with her. Satan, what was this mortal woman doing to me? I smirked, "Of course Ms. Wardwell." A brief emotion flashed through her eyes. One I couldn't quite place. "Excellent, why don't we start tomorrow?"

((Sooo I know I haven't been on in a while but I plan on getting back into my writing. However,, I have a different idea for a story so I'm not sure if I should continue with this one or not???))