Chapter Ten

It was the final night of the trial. Closing arguments would be made and Sabrina's fate would finally be sealed. Whether she would join the Coven or truly remain in the mortal world. The night before Faustus Blackwood himself came bearing news that the Dark Lord himself had offered a deal. Sabrina would no longer be subject to punishment in the pit as well as yearly visits with her mortal friends as long as she signed her name and joined the Academy of Unseen Arts. My mother was over the moon and I couldn't blame her. The deal was extremely gracious. However, Sabrina and her mortal lawyer were dead set on making things difficult. They refused the deal and would see the trial through. So there we sat in the Desecrated church which served as the Court of Shadows. Because of Sabrina's refusal to take the Dark Lord up on his offer she would now be subject to mortal tests to see if she truly was a witch. I looked over to my mother who continued to age rapidly and I wasn't sure how much more of it I could bear. "Sabrina, am I to understand that you come now before this court to endure the test of the witch's mark, as described and demanded by your mortal laws?" The High Priest questioned quite pleased with himself. Without missing a beat and with her head held high Sabrina answered, "Yes, Father Blackwood." Mr. Webster stood to address the court, "We request the examination be held in closed chambers." I already knew the Father's answer before he spoke, "Denied." Of course it was denied. He was taking some sick pleasure from this. My blood ran hot and I could feel my magic burning in my fingertips. A hand came to grip mine and I quickly looked down, relaxing when I realized it was only my mother. "Stop! Stop! Stop!" We both turned around to see Aunt Hilda bursting through the doors. She rushed over to Webster and placed something in front of him. "If this is some feeble attempt to delay the agreed-upon course of action—" Father Blackwood protested. "Your Dishonors, I call Hildegard Antoinette Spellman to the stand!" Webster shouted. Sabrina looked back at us in confusion and both my mother and I shook our heads in confusion. "This is unacceptable! The test is about to begin!" Blackwood protested. "Hilda Spellman, approach us," The Infernal Three spoke in unison. "I have new evidence to present to the court," Webster declared, placing what seemed to be a book on the stand, "Ms. Spellman, please read the name printed here on this document." Aunt Hilda cleared her throat, "Yes. It reads, um, 'Sabrina Spellman.'" Webster continued, "Witnessed by.." Due to her rapid aging Aunt Hilda had to squint to read what came next, "Witnessed by her mother, Diana Spellman.. and, well, me, Hilda Spellman." Webster picked up the document with a flourish, "I offer new evidence. A baptismal certificate... from the Holy Mother Church of Greendale." The grip my mother had on my hand became ironclad as hisses of disbelief and disgust broke out amongst the crowd. Blackwood stood, "Your Dishonors, if this certificate is authentic.. it would seem we have competing claims upon the soul of Sabrina Spellman." Webster countered, "No, sir, what we have is a binding contract, witnessed by her mother... notarized and dated one day before Edward Spellman inscribed his daughter's name in the Book of the Beast thereby rendering the aforementioned inscription the agreed-upon promise, null and void, QED!" The enraged look on Blackwood's face made this whole spectacle worth it. "These last-minute theatrics make a mockery of this court! This... is spurious, this is outrageous!" He exclaimed enraged. Sabrina stood, "No, I'll tell you what's outrageous, Father Blackwood. The Dark Lord's behavior!" I couldn't help the small smirk that graced my lips...way to go cous. It shocked us all when the literal doors to Hell itself burst open at the front of the Church. Sabrina had just forced Satan's hand. Both Blackwood and Webster were being summoned to the Court's private chambers. No one knew how long the negotiations would take so we elected to wait outside while my mother and aunt both squabbled. My mother wasn't wrong in being furious. How could a baptized witch of the Church of Night possibly go into the False God's place of worship and witness a Holy Baptism. It was appalling. It's a wonder the Church didn't crash down around her. It wasn't long before the bell rang alerting us to the decision having been made. I sat in between my mother and aunt as they both shot each other glares as court was called back into order. "Due to conflicts of contract, baptism, and breeding, the Hellbound Court of Greendale decrees that Sabrina Spellman... shall retain her mortal life...on the condition that she also attend the Academy of Unseen Arts... as well as weekly Black Mass," Father Blackwood decreed. For the first time since this whole fiasco I noticed Sabrina's shoulders finally relax. "Think of it as dual citizenship," I heard Webster clarify. "Your Dishonors...I accept," Sabrina agreed. "So be it. This court is adjourned to the shadows. Full powers are restored to the Spellman family," Blackwood finished. Thunder clapped throughout the Church and lightning flashed. In less than a split second my Aunt and Mother were both returned to their youthful states. "Praise Satan! I'm young again!" my Mother stood throwing off her sunglasses and veil. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at her theatrics and laughed slightly when Aunt Hilda checked to make sure all her teeth were back in place. Walking out of the church I threw my arms around both my mother and Aunt, "This calls for celebration does it not? I say we go home and open a bottle." My mother rolled her eyes at my antics but had a small smile playing on her lips, "You, my dear daughter, think every occasion is a reason to open a bottle. But yes I think we shall."
Later that night I found my way to the porch, the alcohol humming happily in my veins, a warm heat settling in my cheeks. With the bottle still clutched in one hand I hopped easily onto the railing looking up at the moon. For the first time in weeks I felt lighthearted. It didn't even surprise me when someone came to stand between my legs resting their hands on my thighs. "Lilith," I regarded the Demoness I had become so fond of. I tore my gaze away from the moon and instead lost myself in her eyes. "Celebrating, are we?" I smirked, handing her the bottle of scotch, "Care to join?" She took the bottle and downed a hearty amount, eyes never leaving mine. This woman would be the death of me. "You interceded on her behalf didn't you?," I questioned, already knowing the answer. She took another sip, "I did. If you make a man believe something is his idea you'll get so much farther, Darling. And despite what everyone thinks at the end of the day the Dark Lord is just a man. I did try to... dispose... of that mortal lawyer but your cousin proved to be more headstrong than I had anticipated." I chuckled bringing the bottle to my lips and smirked watching Lilith so mesmerized by me downing the amber liquid. Even as I lowered the bottle her gaze stayed locked on my lips. "It's a Spellman trait. Both a gift and a curse," I shrugged. I moved to wrap my legs around her slender waist pulling her flush against me and her lips parted in surprise. "But thank you, nonetheless," I whispered as I wrapped my arms around her neck and finally kissed her. It started slow and sensual but quickly became more passionate. Her hands pushed up the back of my shirt gently clawing down my back. If this is what Hell was like I'd gladly spend an eternity there. "Cousin?" Ambrose yelled for me. I growled at the interruption. Lilith chuckled nipping my lip, "I should go anyways. We'll continue this later." I nodded in understanding and slid down from the railing pressing a kiss to the corner of her lips. "Until tomorrow, my demoness," I whispered in her ear and sauntered off smirking at the shiver that ran up her spine. Two can play at this game.

((Hey guys!! Soooo I've been trying to decide how in depth I want to go into Lilith's relationship with Nicole. I've never really wrote smut.. but I'm not opposed to trying. Thoughts would be appreciated!!! Thanks loves ;) )))