Please Listen

Miles sits in his house at the ass crack of dawn just playing the fight between he and Kyrie over again like his mind was stuck on repeat. Kyrie is right. Springing things on her all at one time wasn't the best idea. With the glass of scotch resting in his palms, he just couldn't let her know that the need burning within his body for her is eating away at him like a lion hunting a gazelle. His desires are far more explicit when it comes to Kyrie's beautiful flawless skin, her perfect cantaloupe sized beasts, and pouty pink puffy lips. Gosh, Kyrie was pure perfection. He dreamed of this girl for breakfast lunch and dinner, he still can't believe he drove her away.

He hoped she was pregnant...

Seeking the product of he and Kyrie's small child nearly sent him through the ceilings. He wouldn't hesitate to marry her. Hell, if he knew Kyrie like he thinks he does, she'd already taken the morning after pill.

How could he be so stupid? He knew from day one that she wasn't going to go for shit like this. He guess he'd just wished that they could've at least talked it over. Although he knew that she'd get the final word on the matter anyway.

He stares at his bags stacked next to his front door, debating if he should ditch this trip to find the girl of his dreams. But, what if she didn't want to talk? What if she never ever wanted to see him again? Nothing felt worse than the growing pain coursing through his veins, spreading throughout his whole body like poison blackening his soul. As much as he wanted to let out his frustrations, his body refused and in the back of his mind the urge pecked at him like a goddamn woodpecker.

"This is total bullshit." He mutters into the air, flashing back into his mind at every single heartbreak that he ever experienced.

"You would think that I would've learned to rid myself of something as useless as emotions. That after everything I've gone through, I wouldn't let things like love phase me. Like a fool, I open my heart and pour my feelings and for what? To get my heart broken over and over again. How could I be so stupid? So blind to the thought that love wasn't meant for somebody like me. I may be wealthy, but I'm worthless." Miles slurs, pouring more of his personal pain killer down his throat, savoring the burning sensation trickling down his esophagus.

Letting the pain fade away in drunken glory.

"To the fresh scars that mark my heart!" Miles swoons, pouring himself yet another drink before lifting it to the sky.

"May they bleed my beating heart dry and lift me from the burden of ever feeling pain again." He finished, downing it in one gulp.

And even then, after those words slipped through his lips, he couldn't help the bitter pain of what felt like his heart being ringed out like a wet, dirty mop. It made it hard to breathe, to think and before Miles knew it, he'd felt the warmth of a single tear prick the inside of his eyes and trickle down his face and into the palm of his hand.

Miles couldn't believe it! He is the CEO of a multi million dollar company, a man graduating above his class with honors, voted 2015s most eligible bachelor and he's crying over a woman he can easily replace?! How could he let himself hit rock bottom over something as silly as a stupid game? They were never in a real relationship. Who was he trying to kid?!

As he poured himself another drink, he couldn't shake the loud obnoxious sound of ringing in his ear, he swatted his tear away, knowing damn well that he's way too strong to show any type of weakness. He didn't want to feel and he knew just the drink to erase every memory of Kyrie Phillips out of his mind, even if it's until the morning. He repositions himself in the lounge chair facing the front door and downs yet another gulp of scotch.

Dear god what is that ringing? Could it be his mind telling him that his body just couldn't take anymore alcohol, was it his brain finally overloading and shutting down? No, it was his cellphone. He glanced over at the lit scream, nearly blinded by whisky vision to see the picture of the only person in the world he hadn't expected to call him, ever.

KYRIE

Miles clears his throat, closes his eyes and takes a deep breathe before picking up the phone. He stared at it for seconds until he gained the confidence to finally answer.

"...Hello?"