Men At Work

Rogues

          When it comes to this word, Tony tries to often zone out. He can never seem to escape the word. For months, Tony has been in court hearings, meetings, and amending accords to integrate the Rogues back into society.

            He rubbed the bridge of his nose and answered the phone. He put the phone to his ear.

            “Rhodey Bear, hey honey, how are ya?” Tony rubbed his eyes. There was the sound of wind blowing. Tony knew he must have been in the suit.

            “Oh, you know, just driving with the top down. You’ll have to speak up.” He could practically hear Rhodey smirk through the sarcasm. Tony rolled his eyes.

            “Hardy Har,” Tony walked across the living room and sat on the couch. “So, you wanted to talk about the Initiative?” Tony leaned on the arm of the couch, propping his legs on the coffee table.

            “Well that and the Rogues,” Rhodey said with a hint of annoyance. Tony sighed and looked down at his socks. Iron man socks. He smirks as he tapped his feet, taking his mind of the bad things. “I’ve spoken to Carol. She is setting up the meeting to take place at the Airport Monday morning. We still have yet to decide if Vision or me will be the ones to greet them.” Tony frowned and stopped tapping his feet together.

            “What? Why? Can’t they just get some SHIELD agent?” Tony was a bit mad now. What if the Rogues tried to do something to Rhodey or Vision? What if they hurt them?

            “Tony, calm down. I can hear you thinking from here. Relax man, we’ll be safe. Likely doubt that they want to go up against Vision or War Machine.” Tony was a bit relieved by Rhodey’s sarcasm. He closed his eyes and smiled.

            “Sure thing, Iron Patriot.” Tony chuckled. He could hear Rhodey groan.

            “I get it. It was a bad name.”

            “Hell, yeah it was, Iron Patriot.” He cringed and made a noise of disgust. “Honey, it sounded like a rip-off Captain America.” He heard Rhodey laugh at that.

            “Yeah, Yeah, Look, I spoke to Carol. We’ll have an Initiative meeting for when the Rogues show up. To get them set up with the new people. They’ll need to be updated on accords, rules, get their new gear, and be assigned to a squad.” Rhodey listed it off.

            “Sounds like a lot, Platypus.” Tony shook his head. “You get that Fri?” He asked.

            “I’ll have it all emailed to Miss Potts, Boss.” Tony smiled, tapping his feet together, the Iron Men looking as if they were blasting beams at each other.

            “Thanks baby girl, what would I do with out you?”

            “Well, yo-” Tony cut her off as soon as she started.

            “Actually, it was a rhetorical question baby.” Tony hissed a bit. Rhodey laughed.

            “Cause we all know it would go to shit without FRIDAY, Pepper, or me.” Tony scoffed.