Pool Party

Niall’s POV:

“Hello,” he smiled and laid his suitcase on the same bed as mine. “You want this side?”

“Well, I figured that you would want the bed by the balcony.” I answered quietly.

“I’d rather have the bed closer to the bathroom.” He laughed and shoved his phone into his pocket.

“Alright, that’s fine, I don’t really mind.” I laughed back and pulled my suitcase off his bed and onto mine.

“So, what’s your name?” he asked, unzipping his suitcase.

“Niall, Niall Horan.”

“I’m Liam Payne, this is my second time on X-Factor. Two years ago I auditioned and I made it to the judge’s houses.” He smiled and started filling his clothes into his dresser.

“That’s… Nerve racking, eh?” I laughed and sat down on my bed.

“I guess,” he nodded and unzipped his jacket. “I just know what to expect now.”

“That’s good.” I mumbled, Liam was a very confident, happy person. “If you don’t mind I’m going out on the balcony to make a phone call.”

“Go for it.” He nodded towards the sliding glass doors and continued what he was doing. I stepped out onto the balcony and pulled out my phone.

‘Hey Nialler,’ Shay said.

‘Hey baby.’ I smiled and looked across the land.

‘How’s your room?’

‘It’s good, I just met my roommate, and he seems nice.’

‘That’s good.’

‘So, have you met anyone else?’ she asked quietly.

‘Ehh, I haven’t been out so no.’ I lied; I didn’t want to tell her about Lily, I didn’t want her to freak out.

‘That’s too bad, babe I have to go actually, your mom is going to be here soon. I was in the middle of packing when you called.’ I could tell her was smiling.

‘Okay, love. Have fun.’ I laughed and hung up. I walked back into the room and Liam was on his phone.

“So later, around nine all the guys go out to the pool, the girls swim. It’s really fun, I’m going, and you’re welcome too.”

“Alright mate,” I smiled and ran my fingers through my hair. “Sounds good.”

I decided to go across the hall and ask Lily if she would like to go to the pool party with me. I walked out of my room and into the hallway. I looked around before walking to Lily’s door and knocking on it a few times. Soon, Lily swung the door opened and smiled widely at me.

“Hey you.” She smiled and leaned against the doorframe.

“Hey,” I smiled back and cocked my head at her. “Do you want to, uh, come to the pool party with me… Well with us… Everyone is… A lot of people are going.” I explained roughly, I never really asked girls out, Shay was the only girl around town I really talked to.

“Yeah, of course I’d love to go with… everyone.” She cocked her head and bit her lip.

“Awesome.” I nearly whispered. “I’ll come get you around eight forty-five.”

“Sounds good, see you then, cutie.” She smiled largely and backed into her room. She nodded before closing the door. I put my face in my head and exhaled shakily. I slightly smiled before walking back into Liam and I’s room.