Chapter 2

I gave you my tiny shoulders for you to cry on.

But you only have cried because of her.

Do you know how hard it is to smile and shower you with all those comforting words like 'she won't leave you' and 'everything will be fine' when my own heart was breaking?

--

Jimin was currently asleep on my bed with his leg sprawled over mine.

I was resting my back on the headboard of the bed as I watched the drama that was playing on the TV screen after hearing out all his rants about the arguments he just got into with his girlfriend for almost three hours.

His head was placed on the pillow by my hip and he was laying down on his front, fast asleep after wearing himself down with stress-crying because of his girlfriend.

Girlfriend.

Jimin’s girlfriend.

Wonder if I would ever got the chance to wear that title in this lifetime.

Probably not.

I looked down to see his hair covering his swollen eyes, and softly removed the bangs that was getting longer after a few months of Jimin refusing to get any haircut.

It's too bothersome, he said.

But I knew better that he actually kept his hair long because his girlfriend liked him more with longer hair.

Why though?

Jimin is likeable, no, - he's lovable in any kind of haircut on him.

Why would he - never mind.

Not that he'll break up with her because of that.

He liked her too much to break up with her.

Pushing his hair to the back with my fingers, Jimin scrunched his nose as his sleep was disturbed and started to move around, finding an even more comfortable position to sleep better.

And guess what?

He settled his head on my lap now.

With his arm hugging my luckily-covered-with-comforter legs.

He even snuggled closer, appreciating the warmth radiating from my body, and even though I knew it wasn't good to let him hug me like this when he should be cuddling his girlfriend, I couldn't help but lulled him back to deep sleep, wanting this moment to last longer.

This was the only moment he'll be close to me like this.

If not, there would be no way Jimin would lay his head on my lap when he has his own girlfriend to offer it to him.

And it hurt my heart even more when my thought went further at what they could've done more than just a cuddle or laying head on lap in bed.

Knowing that that girlfriend of his could be way closer in a way I could never experience with Jimin.

Because I was never more than his friend.