14.

[It's gotten a bit long, sorry]

Austin

It wasn't that a lot had changed in Austin's life since yesterday morning, but he also couldn't say that everything was still the same. It was as if there had come a certain awareness over him, that made him feel more self-conscious but in a good way. He felt like sleeping with Alan had added a new layer of depth in their relationship, and he loved the personal, intimate connection it gave them.

Austin had only have to look at Alan to know what he felt like or thought, and one word from Austin was enough for Alan to know what he meant. It was nice to have such a bond with someone, although just two months ago he couldn't have imagined that someone would be Alan.

'What are we going to do today?,' Alan asked while he turned on his side to look at Austin. Austin groaned a bit and hit his face in his pillow.

'Nothing, just sleeping.' His hands searched for Alan and pulled the ginger closer to him, holding him down while Alan went into a fit of laughter.

'Let me go!'

'Never.'

'Austin!'

'No.' He chuckled at the attempts of Alan to escape and then pinned him down and kissed him, but Alan kept laughing and pushed him off.

'I've never seen you so lazy, come on, let's get out.' Alan finally freed himself and jump out of bed, opening the curtains to let daylight in. Austin grunted again and retreated under the covers. 'Get up, lazy ass!' He sighed when Alan pulled the sheets away and stared at what was supposed to be the boy he loved, but now found so annoying.

'Fine.' He got out and shivered at the fresh morning air streaming in through the open window; the weather was beautiful again. 'We can go hiking again, if you want to.' Alan smiled and nodded.

'Sure, I'd love to.'

'But first breakfast.'

'Oh, can we go to that place you took me a few days ago?,' Alan asked in excitement. Austin rubbed his face.

'Sure.' He huffed a bit at the happy smile on Alan's face and closed his eyes when the boy cupped his face and kissed him before spurting upstairs to take a shower. Austin sighed and enjoyed the silence for a moment; he was still tired from going to sleep way too late. He and Alan had spent half of the night talking about their feelings and although Austin had a hard time with doing so, it felt nice to be able to tell Alan anything that was on his mind.

On his turn he had learned a lot more about Alan; that he was scared to get hurt like his ex-boyfriend had done with him before, and that because of that Bryan guy he had a hard time dealing with trust and dominance. Bryan had tricked Alan into literally doing anything for him by acting as if he cared about Alan, and Alan grew into a continuous role of wanting to please Bryan just so he could get the attention that he craved so badly. Alan had told him that he didn't like not being in control ever since then, and there wasn't a thing in the world that Austin could understand more. But for now he was fine with letting Alan take control, since it was all new to Austin and he didn't want to discomfort Alan.

After talking seriously for a while their conversation had gotten more airy again, and they gradually grew more quiet along they got tired and eventually fell asleep.

Austin loved the chit-chatting with Alan; it was nice to have a mix between deep, meaningful conversations and irrelevant topics. For too long his mind had been focussed on hard work, and although spending time with Vic and the guys brought him some relief sometimes, hanging out with them didn't release him from his own intelligence like being with Alan did.