8

ƒ(3 years ago)

ƒ(3 years ago)

Jungkook

I skimmed through my documents as they lie scattered all around me, with a headache pricking the insides of my head. Taking over the company wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. The workload was a lot more than I had expected, but I knew I would have to push through to make my way out of the messy situation. I shrugged my thoughts away to focus on my work. 

A knock on my office door distracted my vision towards my assistant who was now peeking through my door. "Mr. Jeon, there are a few guests here to meet you regarding a personal matter. Do I let them in or book them an appointment later?" I needed a distraction so I figured, taking a break to interact with humans might help me out. "Let them in," I said. 

In no time, I was seated beside my close friend Kim Seokjin, facing his uncle and cousin. "Jungkook, I've heard a lot about you through Seokjin." The elderly man seated across me said. I merely smiled as a response, this wasn't the sort of distraction I wanted. Knowing Seokjin's uncle and his reputation in the business world, I wasn't enthusiastic about the conversation that was yet to begin. "I assume you know that your father had already rejected my offer to partner in your company's shares," he said.

Yes. I did and was determined to keep it that way. The last thing I needed, was his illegal dealing affecting what my father had built. "I'm not here to convince you to let me partner with you, instead I want you to do me a favor." I scrunched my eyebrows together, confused at the point he was trying to make. "I would like for you to marry my daughter," he said looking at his daughter seated beside him. I glanced at her to see a tint of pink play over her cheeks. 

Turning to Jin with slightly wide eyes, I saw a helpless look in his eyes as if saying- "I tried to talk him out of this but he wouldn't agree." I couldn't help but feel bad for Jin. He was my friend in college. He was always there for me and had enlightened me once about how his uncle was a menace. I turned my head back to the man to see a smirk stretch across his lips. "Why would I do that Mr. Song? This seems far too personal." I said, obviously stunned at his beyond-ridiculous request. "My daughter has had her eyes on you ever since you've taken your father's place here. I missed and have given up on my chance to venture into your company, but I didn't want to miss out on a chance to keep my daughter happy." 

His words hinted nothing other than 'using his daughter to find his share in the company'. "I'm sorry sir, but I don't think I'll be keeping your daughter happy. I work too much to find time for myself and having to find time for a significant other stays out of question. Now if you'll excuse me." With that said I smiled at Jin as a thank you for visiting, before I stood up to head to my desk. 

"Jeon." The voice hinted sternness, making it obvious that Mr. Song was not satisfied with my answer. "I assume you remain oblivious of my power. Don't think I won't tear this empire down to get my daughter what she wants," he said.

"Is that a threat?" I asked turning around to face him. He stood up, followed by a slightly flustered Jin speaking up. "Let's not make this ugly." He said, nervously chuckling right after. "That's right Jeon, don't make me turn this ugly. I won't hesitate to do so if you disagree another time."