Chapter ONE

• Dedicated to Valentina

Entering the classroom, I lowered my head to avoid the gazes of others students. I sincerely hope no one will recognize me. Newspapers were filled with Sebastians and mine photos for days. I never once looked at them since I left the hospital. Lack of memory is somewhat easing the pain. I did not even want to remember that fateful day. I avoided anything that might encourage me to remember.

Snaking quietly beside other students, I saw in the front row empty table and immediately settled. It's been a few minutes and no one sat next to me. Thank God, I hope it will remain so.

Of course, as soon as I thought of it, some blonde rushed and threw herself into a chair and almost knocked me down. Lucky me, I tough.

"Hey," she turned and smiled. "Hey," I replied without looking up, thinking that my lack of interest will abandon any attempts at communication.

My disinterest did not disturb her even for a second. "I'm Nina." She turned to me and held out her hand.

I was forced to turn around and respond. I had to be polite, I don't need rumors that I'm some kind of a bitch, which will lead  to possible recognition. It's not worth the risk. So, I need to put some happy face and be friendly. Oh, joy, just what I needed.

"I'm Sarah," I said, and forced a smile. "I'm so excited. The first day of college." She sighed excitedly gasping for air. "Everyone always told me that this is the best time of life. I can not believe I'm sitting here. I hope there are some hot guys here, it would be a shame not to use my new apartment in a good cause," she said and winked at me.

I was stunned. I did not know what to answer, so I just blinked. 

It obviously didn't bothered her because she just continued. "I hope I'll be able to avoid my brother and his friends, they are grad students here. He acts too protective of me. He insisted to accompany me to the classroom. Fortunately, they did not come to sit with me to ensure that I would not do anything stupid," she sighed, shaking her head in disapproval.

I'm still looking at her amazed, not remembering if I even blinked this time. "Sorry, I babble too much when I'm nervous," she said, and smiled slightly .

Professor, whose name I could not remember, chose that moment to enter the classroom. I just nodded and smiled to Nina.

The lecture was interesting, but it passed slowly. A little too slowly for my taste. When I heard the bell, I quickly tucked my notes in my bag, hoping that Nina wont follow me.

I managed to get out through the door, when I heard someone calling me. "Sarah, Sarah, stop." I rolled my eyes and turned on heel and put a fake smile. "I haven't had a chance to even turn around and you were gone already. What's the rush?" Nina asked me with strange expression and little breathless.

"I thought I'd stop by, by ..." I shifted my weight from one foot to the other thinking up an answer. "I thought I'd stop by the library for literature that professor recommended." I totally nailed it, I rolled my eyes at my obvious lie.

Nina looked at me and raised an eyebrow. "Wow, you really get it all too seriously," she said and laughed a little. "I thought we might get some coffee, to get us know better. We have an opening until three o'clock I think," she said taking out some too pink notebook for my taste and flicked through it. "Yes, until three o'clock, you interested?" She smiled broadly .

Nervously I looked at the floor, thinking up what to answer. Just when I wanted to accept it, not knowing what else to do, someone's voice disturbed me from my toughs. I lifted my head and saw two handsome guy standing next to Nina.

I looked at Nina and she rolled her eyes toward them. When I  saw him I could not take my eyes of him. Muscular, with coarse facial features. His messy brown hair falling over his forehead, which perfectly framed his green eyes. Faded jeans that shape him like a god and a hoodie. God, he's really sexy. I had to bite my lip to distract myself and look away. I secretly looked trough my eyelashes at the other guy. He was handsome too. But slightly smaller. Brown eyes and blonde hair really fit him. Tight black shirt perfectly outlined his every hard muscle. 

My mouth watered with thoughts about them just looking at me. For god's sake, are everyone here that god looking? Or is this universe joking with me? A year is long enough to be without mans touch, and what would I give to feel their hands... Great, now I need a cold shower. Fucking idiot.

Nina was arguing with both of them, and I decided to take advantage of this moment to escape and hide my red cheeks. "Well, I need to get going, good luck," I said, and offered her a pitiful glance.

She  grabbed my arm, "no, wait a second, I'll get rid of these guys," she said showing with her head towards both guys  looking frustrated, "so we can go for coffee."

Nervously I managed to pull my hand out of her grip and said, "Ah, it's okay, I see you have... other obligations."

Boy with green eyes looked me up and down, turned and went to talk to Nina again, "I told you to wait for me outside the classroom, was that such a fucking problem?"

"Come on man, it's her first day. Let her meet people and explore a bit. She will not be able to run into any problems in an hour, would she?" Said the handsome guy number two, hitting first one in the shoulder. "Thank you Antonio, at least someone has confidence in me, unlike my brother, the idiot" Nina answered in high tone, putting her hands on hips.

So this is the famous overprotective brother and his friend,. Antonio. Hmm, sounds Italian, and his dark complexion  just make me sure of it. Antonio must have been Italian.

"Well, go, but don't skip classes, I'll know if you 're late even just a minute and you are going to be in a lot of trouble," Nina's brother said and then pointed at me. "That goes for you too blondy. Don't go too far out of campus area, there are all kinds of weirdos here."

You do not say, I thought. If someone is weird, it's him. How he dares to tell me how and what I can do or not, he doesn't even know me. "Thank you, but I can take care of myself," I snapped at him, aware that I drew his attention again, and earned a wide smile from Antonio.

If someones look can kill, I'll be laying now on the floor in a pool of blood. Yes, Nina's brother was not thrilled at all that I confronted him. Immediately, I regretted I haven't bit my tongue. Yeez, I really do pick great moments to unleash my old habits.

Antonio embraced Leo's shoulder and began to laugh, and that  soon drew a smile his face too. He shook his head and pointed a finger toward his sister again. "Watch what you're doing, you know I always find out everything." With those words he turned and walked toward the college cafeteria. Antonio winked at me and went behind him.

"What the hell was that all about?" I asked curiously. She smiled and shook her head. "He's not used to someone contradict him, don't worry about it," she said and smiled wide, obviously intrigued with my act.

"Come on, I know a great coffee shop near," she turned on her heel and walked across the road. "Come on, silly," she called, and I went toward her.